Recipe Piedmont green sauce

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:33 AM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Green sauce, in Piedmontian dialect named “Bagnet Verd“, is a typical recipe from Piemonte ( Italian Northwestern region) in which parsley is the main ingredient. It is a perfect accompaniment for boiled meats, cheese (Piedmont tomini), bread croutons or in a sandwich too.

Preparation time 10 minutes
  • A bunch of fresh parsley
  • 3 salted anchovies
  • 2 peeled cloves of garlic
  • 1 hard egg yolk
  • 3 or 4 unsalted capers
  • 80 g. of stale bread crumbs
  • 1 glass of wine vinegar
  • 70 ml of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
  • a pinch of salt
Method
In a blender, or in a mortar, grind the garlic cloves, then add the washed parsley without the stalks and whisk together with the anchovies and hard egg yolk (the egg must boil in boiling water for 8 minutes)

Soften the crumb in wine vinegar. When it is well softened, let it drip a little without squeezing it too much and add it to the chopped parsley.

Finally add the EVOO, a pinch of salt and the salt until the desired consistency is reached. If you have to keep the green sauce for a long time put it in a jar and make sure that the oil covers the sauce.
Green sauce.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@MypinchofItaly

Absolutely amazingly delicious ..

Though very very different, the funny thing is that in Spain, the Basques use a Green Sauce with a fresh fish called Hake (merluzzo & in Spanish, merluza ). It is minced garlic, fresh parsely and flour to thicken with the juices of the fish itself and White wine ..

Gorgeous dish and shall definitely prepare it in the autumn when things quiet down from the tourists ..

Have a great July ..

I will need to make this...I actually have all the ingredients now!

Please tag this for the recipe challenge: it's got vinegar, doesn't it? :chef:

Wow! Just do it @The Late Night Gourmet :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I hope you'll glad it..Yes there is vinegar but it's only a little quantity...I'm not sure to add this for Challenge.

Back
Top Bottom