Pig on a spit

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:30 PM
image.jpg
image.jpg

i cooked this about 18 months ago for a birthday here at home. I borrowed the pit and cooked it over the spit for about 5 hrs on slow. It's propane powered and rubbed with butter and pineapple juice. It was the best ever pork I've ever eaten. Try to find some pics .

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
First is pic of meat starting to cook
Second is my son in the cap, my besty withe grey hair and me on the right cutting up the meat. There was a leg of lamb on there as well.

Russ

Yes, a bone in whole hog can take overnight and into the next day to cook. You must have a really good butcher to spatchcock a pig.

Nice job. And good to see you, ya old fart.

Yes, a bone in whole hog can take overnight and into the next day to cook. You must have a really good butcher to spatchcock a pig.

Nice job. And good to see you, ya old fart.

Lol, still feel 40. The butcher is really good. I use 3 different butchers , all for different reasons. I drive half an hour to another butcher just to get my fave sausages.

Russ

Wow. This is truly a thing of beauty. And, smart move borrowing the pit: I don't know how I could do something like this with conventional equipment.

Craig rented a Caja China from the BBQ supply place to do a suckling pig for Christmas or New Year's a year or 2 ago. Bet you could do the same if you are interested since you live close to a large city.

Back
Top Bottom