Recipe Pineapple and cream cheese stuffed French toast

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:17 PM
20230720_001240.jpg

I have eaten stuffed French toast before at breakfast restaurants in the US and found it to be cloyingly sweet, so I decided to come up with my own version that toned down the sweetness somewhat. I also had never before seen a recipe for French toast involving pineapple so I thought I would give it a go. For this recipe I used pineapple in three ways: pineapple juice mixed in with the egg wash, pineapple puree mixed with cream cheese for the filling, and pineapple juice with a few other ingredients to make a syrup. I was pleased with the results and I hope you enjoy it, too.

Pineapple stuffed French toast ingredients.jpg

Yields 3 servings
Preparation time: about 1 hour:

ingredients:
6 pieces of Brioche bread--slightly stale is best
(eggwash)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup orange juice
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
(filling)
7.5 oz of canned pineapple, well drained
4 oz cream cheese
(syrup)
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup orange juice
2 TBSP honey
2 TBSP maple syrup
3 TBSP good butter for frying French toast (I used Kerry Gold)

Preparation method:
Put the syrup ingredients in a small saucepan on stove and bring to a boil. Immediately bring to low-medium heat and allow the syrup to reduce, stirring occasionally until it reaches the desired consistency.

While syrup is reducing, place the pineapple and cream cheese in a blender and pulse until well-blended. Place in the refrigerator to stay cool.

Place egg wash ingredients in an appropriate sized container that will fit the brioche bread slices and whisk until thoroughly blended.

Pineapple stuffed French toast syrup (before reducing).jpgPineapple stuffed French cream cheese and pineapple filling.jpg

Melt 1 TBSP of butter in the skillet on medium heat. Dredge 2 pieces of Brioche bread on each side in the egg wash, being careful not to oversaturate and make the bread soggy, and place each piece in the skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes or until golden brown underneath (check by lifting edge with spatula) then flip over. After 3 minutes, turn the heat down to low and spread about 2 TBSP of the pineapple cream cheese mixture on top of one of the Brioche pieces, then carefully place the other piece on top to "sandwich" them. '

Pineapple stuffed French toast in pan.jpg

Allow to cook for 1 additional minute, then place the piece of stuffed French toast on a baking tray and keep in the oven on warm. Repeat the cooking method two more times for the remaining pieces of Brioche bread. When finished, plate each serving and drizzle the desired amount of syrup over each piece of stuffed French toast.

Pineapple stuffed French toast plated.jpg

Last edited:
That's a winner. The images fire up my hunger. I'm reminded of the banana stuffed french toast served at the Hotel in Yellowstone Park which I remember to this day.

That's a winner. The images fire up my hunger. I'm reminded of the banana stuffed french toast served at the Hotel in Yellowstone Park which I remember to this day.
Aw, thank you. I like banana pancakes so I imagine the French toast with banana was amazing!

I feel like I just put on several pounds by reading this recipe and looking at the lush photos. Oh my! I don't have a sweet tooth but I may be tempted sometimes.

For this recipe I used pineapple in three ways: pineapple juice mixed in with the egg wash, pineapple puree mixed with cream cheese for the filling, and pineapple juice with a few other ingredients to make a syrup.

I'm impressed!

I feel like I just put on several pounds by reading this recipe and looking at the lush photos. Oh my! I don't have a sweet tooth but I may be tempted sometimes.

I'm impressed!
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom