Recipe Pisang Ambon Cake

enzhnyn

Local time
3:02 AM
It is similar with banana cake but the banana that used in this recipe is a kind of banana from Indonesia. What do you think about the recipe? Is it easy to make? Or is it hard to understand? Tell me what do you think about it!

banana-cake-text-2.jpg

How to Make Soft-baked and Simple Pisang Ambon cake (Banana Cake)

Ingredients:
300 grams of margarine
200 grams of Caster Sugar
6 yolks
5 eggwhite
250 grams of wheat flour
2 ripes of pisang ambon, mashed
¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
¼ teaspoon baking powder

Steps:
  1. Whisk the margarine and caster sugar well. Then add the yolks and whisk again perfectly.
  2. Add the wheat flour, vanilla and baking powder in, stir well.
  3. Add the pisang ambons in and stir again.
  4. Whisk the eggwhite until becoming stiff. Then, stir in whisked eggwhite to the batter
  5. Pour the batter into the loaf pan greased with margarine.
  6. Then, bake it in the oven at 356 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celcius) for about 45 minutes or until perfectly baked.
  7. Afterward, remove the cake from the pan and it is ready to be served

Enjoy this soft Banana cake. Best served with warm tea when you are relaxing.

This recipe is translated from http://www.resepkuekeringku.com/2015/03/resep-cake-pisang-ambon-panggang-lembut-dan-sederhana.html

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem to have translated the recipe very well. I assume that ' pisang ambon mashed' is the Indonesian banana? How does it differ from other bananas?

Do you perhaps mean plantain? They look the same as bananas but are firmer.

It is one of the Indonesian banana. I have done some research, and I found that it is a banana that can be eaten right away. So I don't think it is a plantain.
I think it is same as the other banana but we called it in Indonesia as Pisang Ambon since in Indonesia, we use a lot of difference name for banana depending on some of the characteristics they have.
In this context, I assume that Pisang Ambon (local from Indonesia, picked after ripe from the tree) is same with Cavendish Banana (imported to Indonesia, picked when half ripe from the tree).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom