Recipe Pizza Rossini

caseydog

Local time
4:52 PM
Pizza Rossini

This is a pizza from Rossini, Italy, with hard boiled egg slices and mayonnaise on top. :ohmy: I only found one recipe, and it was in Italian. I was able to decipher the ingredients, and I found photos to show me what it should look like.

1701757729245.jpeg

Ingredients

Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
Passata (tomato puree)
Dried Oregano
Fresh Basil Leaves
Low Moisture, Whole Milk Mozzarella
Two Hard Boiled Eggs
Mayonaise (put into a squeeze bottle and warm so it flows easily)

Method

Preheat oven to 450F/230C.

Brush your rolled out pizza dough lightly with EVOO. Spread passata/tomato puree on your dough. Sprinkle dried oregano on your sauce. Spread mozzarella on your sauced and seasoned pizza. Add fresh basil leaves.

Place dough in the oven (on a pizza pan or stone... or however you usually bake your pizza. Bake until bubbly and the crust is browned.

Remove from oven. Place your sliced HB eggs on the pizza. Drizzle your mayo back and forth, turn 90-degrees, and do that again making the pattern in the photo above.

So, how did it taste? Well, it was surprisingly good. I really did NOT have high hopes for this pizza, but ate almost half of it, only stopping because I was full.

CD

Last edited:
Thanks for info and taste test. I've often wondered how egg would go.
I'll stick with my one. Which reminds me I need to make more bases.

Russ

We make a pizza with an egg on it, but not HB. An egg is cracked on an almost cooked pizza with a light Alfredo base, sweated leeks, and very thin slices of porchetta or prosciutto or pancetta. Placed back in the oven to just set the white and finish the pizza itself, then the yolk is broken and the pizza is tilted around to let the yolk spread.

We make a pizza with an egg on it, but not HB. An egg is cracked on an almost cooked pizza with a light Alfredo base, sweated leeks, and very thin slices of porchetta or prosciutto or pancetta. Placed back in the oven to just set the white and finish the pizza itself, then the yolk is broken and the pizza is tilted around to let the yolk spread.

I think I'd like that version :)

Russ

Back
Top Bottom