Planning your Christmas Food

Kake Lover

Veteran
Local time
9:25 AM
I normally have the Christmas cake made and stored by now but this year I already have a spare fruit cake. I made a square wedding cake thinking that it would be easier for cutting up at the reception but my daughter in law preferred (demanded!) a round one so I made another one. The original one is well fed with brandy and is stored ready for marzipan and icing just before Christmas (see my recipe in cakes).

I have started running down the freezer to make room for the sausages, breadcrumbs, luxury ice cream and all the lovely extras that I like to start getting /making for the Christmas period. I've also been tidying the store cupboards to start filling up for Christmas.

I will buy something extra every week between now and Christmas, either for the freezer or the store cupboard so it's easier and I can concentrate on the fresh stuff in the last week.

What about you?

Last edited by a moderator:
We drive up ( 2 hours north from Barcelona City to Cadaques on the Costa Brava, Mediterranean Sea ) and spend the 24th, 25th, 26th and the 30th, 31st and 1st with my parents and my in laws, 2 sons & their wives. 2 sets of grand parents and our 2 grandsons ..

My parents ( 24th & 25th Xmas ) and my inlaws (31st & 1st) take alot of pride in having us all together on these special days and we pitch in ..

We have stocked the Champagnes, Cava and wines already from our warehouse (my parents are in the hospitality & distribution business ) and so, it is all hands on ..

I shall spend a morning with my grandsons doing some Christmas Cookies with Cookie Cutters ..

So, I have to pick up my Bio French Almond Flour, and my baking ítems ..

Some presents for my parents, in laws and our daughter in laws.

Grandsons are already bought and wrapped ..

And my grandparents and husband´s grand parents too ..

Other than this, we are flying to Italia on the 2nd January for 1 week ..

Have a lovely holiday and new year ahead ..

I had the opportunity to buy a 4.5 kg turkey breast (Norbest about £45.00) a couple of weeks ago but being just the two of us it would last out January so I didn't bother. Christmas is not really celebrated here so whether we do anything special, we've yet to decide.

My inlaws love all the fuss & present giving & the food overload.

As I love cooking I love to indulge in making sweet treats for family & friends. Not sure of the menu, we are hosting but everyone brings things.

It's usually hot here on Xmas day so cold ham, prawns, chicken, roast pork and salads, cheese platter & desserts.

I'll probably make some ice creams.

I've bought chalk & bubble wands for all the kids to play outside.

We now have a 'Christmas shelf' in the fridge, we have 4 bottles of good wine we picked up at the wine tasting event a few weeks ago. We don't buy each other presents instead we spend our money on going out and having fun-enjoying life. For us it is more about relaxing, spending time with family and not being at work :happy:

We now have a 'Christmas shelf' in the fridge, we have 4 bottles of good wine we picked up at the wine tasting event a few weeks ago. We don't buy each other presents instead we spend our money on going out and having fun-enjoying life. For us it is more about relaxing, spending time with family and not being at work :happy:

Sounds like a plan!

IMG_0281.JPG

This is how I start Christmas, this is last year's offering with an Eastern theme. I like to experiment with unconventional dishes, such as Sushi with lobster. I haven't decided what I will do this Christmas for my wife and I.

Last edited by a moderator:
W
View attachment 11561

This is how I start Christmas, this is last year's offering with an Eastern theme. I like to experiment with unconventional dishes, such as Sushi with lobster. I haven't decided what I will do this Christmas for my wife and I.
Wow! That is certainly not a conventional Christmas spread. Lobster and sushi! I love it!

Back
Top Bottom