Plans for today (2024)

I have limited space and for as much as I grow, 99% of it doesn’t get used (not just the oregano, but all of it).

I could really get by year-round with just buying the little packets, but it chaps my azz to spend $3 on two springs of rosemary.

Yerp it’s a painful spend isnt it!

But you had to buy a ride on mower to deal with the voluminous amount of lawn you have to mow so how is there not enough space?

Yerp it’s a painful spend isnt it!

But you had to buy a ride on mower to deal with the voluminous amount of lawn you have to mow so how is there not enough space?
Well, I’d have to clear more space to grow more of something I’m not going to use (or use very little of). I have a dedicated spot for my herbs.

Got to go n finish some jobs at my Dads but he has his Covid jab today so unless I get there before he goes I’m going to hear a cabillion complaints about that! 🙄

Depending when that is I’ll make the Kung Pao Chicken for stashing in the freezer.

Somehow am down to my last teabag here, I can’t quite believe it, in Spain and now here, it’s unconscionable!

Nothing serious. I've done it before and will possibly do it again. I just need to understand that I'm not 45 any more to go bouncing around the garden digging holes all day!!
Honestly, I was placing some herbs in the little herb garden I have, and started to feel a cramp in the back. It doesn’t take much.

Maybe I’m the only one who thought at 30, “I can’t wait until I’m 60, so I can eff all this manual labor bullshit - point me to the sofa!” :laugh:

Sadly you look at the cost of someone else doing it and the irritation of whether they’ll turn up and do it properly you realise goddam I’m gonna be doing it until I physically really can’t!

Mind you the very moment Mr SSOAP was supposed to take on mowing the lawn a gardener appeared 😂

Mind you the very moment Mr SSOAP was supposed to take on mowing the lawn a gardener appeared
He and I will get along famously:

“Look at that poor sod, mowing the lawn…another beer?”
“Yes, I believe I shall. Remember when we used to do this ourselves?”
“Vaguely…I’ve blocked the trauma, you know.”
“Cheers!”

Not today, but earlier this week I went to a concert - it was ostensibly a fundraiser for reforestation efforts, but in reality, it was a chance for a bunch of grown-ups to play in their bands.

You know how high school kids will form a band with other kids in their high school? It turns out if you don’t get famous, you grow up and form a band with other people at your company. So we watched 13 corporate bands (including my boss’ band, he’s a drummer).

It was actually a lot of fun, and most of the bands were really good. There was one completely horrible version of “Bring me to Life” we had to sit through, but overall the quality of music was quite high. Some of the arrangements were really weird though - I think some of these bands pretty much just let anyone join. We saw one band with a total of 12 people, including a trumpeter, a violinist, a cellist, and no fewer than 4 singers!

Since they were all company bands, I was also really happy that we didn’t have to sit through 13 covers of “Taking Care of Business”.

Musical people just like playing music, getting famous and making a living from it is a separate thing and is often a tortuous double sided sword.

Imagine becoming famous for a particular style of cooking and say two dishes in particular you're well known for.

Everywhere you go you can only cook in that style and year in year out everyone only ever wants to see you cook the same two dishes.

As a creative person you're a performing monkey in a cage and there's no key to get out because that's how you earn a living.

I suppose I'm saying all power to their elbow, still enjoying music with other people, having fun, chucking out the occasionally tune.

On the other hand having a fund raiser to use your employees as a captive audience tut tut 😆

Last edited:
I'm off to my Dads for some more fun then to the supermarket to pick up some things for my bezzie who got thrown off her horse friday and can't walk (fractured pelvis, not horribly fractured but separated in a way that's extremely painful).

Pick up my click n collect order (with the milk to make some cream cheese 👏) then back home and make two lots of ice cream because that will mean my prep n freeze ahead menu is completed and I can at last tick that off the list. Whoop whoop 🙌 😃

Back
Top Bottom