1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recipe Planter's Punch

Discussion in 'Beverages, Drinks and Smoothies' started by CraigC, Dec 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CraigC

CraigC Senior Member

Back in the '70s and '80s, there was a restaurant called the Kapok Tree Inn. This punch was a specialty. You have to be very careful with these as you won't know they are sneaking up on you!:okay: The restaurant has since closed and I'm not sure if the one in Maryland is still open.

Planter's Punch
    Ingredients
    2 oz Orange juice
    2 oz Pineapple
    2 oz Lime juice -- sweetened (we make a simple syrup and add the lime juice in a large batch)
    1 1/4 oz White rum
    1 1/2 oz Amber rum (Cruzan, from Barbados if possible)
    1 1/4 oz Myer's Jamaican rum
    2 Tbsp Grenadine -- divided
    1 1/4 oz Myer's Jamaican dark rum
    Directions
    1) Mix orange juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, white rum, amber rum, 1 1/4 oz. Jamaican rum, and 1 Tbsp
    grenadine; shake well.
    2) Pour into glass filled with ice.
    3) Float 1 Tbsp grenadine and float 1 1/4 oz Jamaican rum on top.

Warning: Be prepared to call a Taxi for the ride home or have a designated drive. These things are deadly.:D

Elawin likes this.
  2. Elawin

Elawin Über Member

I'll have to give this recipe to my daughter and son-in-law. They are more likely to drink it than I ever am (too much rum for me :giggle:). I'm more a gin and pernod drinker, particularly as a chaser to a nice cool beer :D

CraigC likes this.
  3. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Gin and Pernod together? I am a Pernod fan - I have some at the moment. I'm thinking celery, Pernod recipe for the Recipe Challenge...

4. Elawin

Elawin Über Member

Yup! Although it can be deadly too :cheers:

morning glory likes this.
  5. morning glory

OK. What are the proportions for this deadly cocktail? :hyper:

6. Elawin

Elawin Über Member

Whatever you like :D One of the pubs I used to go in always put more gin in than Pernod. Another one used to do half and half. Once you've had a couple of them, it doesn't really matter :woot:

7. morning glory

:laugh: Do you think vodka would work too? I don't have gin...

8. Elawin

Elawin Über Member