Please help... we need more discussion threads!

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
2:56 PM
New threads (especially threads which provoke discussion about food) are the lifeblood of the Forum. More threads which invite questions or opinions or general discussion about food or drink are needed! We get quite a few recipe threads which is fantastic (I love them) but we also need a bit of debate. You can post a poll quite easily which can be fun - see here: Creating a Poll. Or what about food in the news? There are bound to be food topics coming up in the news in your country.

Anyway, I have endless ideas for discussion threads - but as a moderator I try not to post too many threads in case it looks like I'm dominating the action. If we all posted one discussion topic a week we would be buzzing... pretty please?

See here how to create a new thread: How to create a new thread!

Last edited:
I just featured this again - there was a great response when it was featured before - a big thanks everyone who posted a new discussion thread!

Lately its dwindled a bit - lets have a bit of controversy or perhaps a new poll. Politics are not off the agenda. Food and politics are linked in many ways...

Why do you use a crock pot ?....Convenience or taste ?

Because you like recipes that cook that way...or....it's easy to fill the pot...go to work and come home to a ready cooked meal ?

I think @CraigC is doing a fantastic job of satisfying this request all by himself lately!

Does this pop up as a Featured Thread at regular intervals regardless of how many recipes and other threads get posted?

Yes - @CraigC is doing a grand job! :thumbsup: I feature it every so often when discussion threads dwindle. Members can, by the way, suggest threads to be featured. Just use the report button to request.

I would like input from the Brits on which gas hob and electric oven they would recommend because I need to buy new of both. And I can't find out how to start a thread...

I would like input from the Brits on which gas hob and electric oven they would recommend because I need to buy new of both. And I can't find out how to start a thread...

OK - see here: How to create a new thread!.

Basically you go to the section of the forum which best fits your topic. In this case Kitchen Appliances, Cookware, Gadgets & Cookbooks

Click on that section and then click on Post New Thread (top right of screen, in grey) - the rest is obvious but if you look at How to create a new thread! it tells you step by step if you need it.

I also need a new hob and oven so would be interested in this topic.

Basically you go to the section of the forum which best fits your topic.
I recall spending a lot of time trying to figure out which sub-forum fits best. But, now I know that you will move the thread if it seems to be in the wrong place, so I just take my best shot and then get on with posting the thread. :cool:

I recall spending a lot of time trying to figure out which sub-forum fits best. But, now I know that you will move the thread if it seems to be in the wrong place, so I just take my best shot and then get on with posting the thread. :cool:

Absolutely. Sometimes its a bit ambiguous and a topic fits several sections (sub-forums).

Back
Top Bottom