2 eggs
100 g. cane sugar
160 g. 00 flour (to sift)
100 ml pomegranate juice
a pinch of salt
1 tablespoon dried yeast
150 g. ricotta cheese

Method

In a bowl, add ricotta with the beaten eggs, sugar and mix well. Then add the pomegranate juice and mix again.
Now add the sifted flour together with the yeast, a pinch of salt and mix. Add other flour if is too soft.
Place in the molds and bake in a preheated oven for about 30 mins at 180 degrees.
Let it cool down for few mins and then serve.
20180203_102222_resized.jpg

Last edited:
@MypinchofItaly

Wow .. Highly creative and moreover, simple and surely amazingly wonderful ..

All my best wishes for a lovely weekend ..

:thankyou:thank you @Francesca
In fact I would have liked to use the pomegranate juice directly from pomegrante fruit, but seeing the lack, I tried to make the best with the industrial one ...

Last edited:
In fact I would have liked to use the pomegranate juice directly from pomegrante fruit, but seeing the lack, I tried to make the best with the industrial one ...

Lovely, @MypinchofItaly - it is a pity you couldn't get fresh. I just tried using a carton version in a lamb dish and it was a very pale colour compared to fresh pomegranate juice. I think if you used the fresh it might have made them pink. But they look so pretty anyway!

Lovely, @MypinchofItaly - it is a pity you couldn't get fresh. I just tried using a carton version in a lamb dish and it was a very pale colour compared to fresh pomegranate juice. I think if you used the fresh it might have made them pink. But they look so pretty anyway!

@morning glory you're right .. the juice in the carton version I used was more liquid and less red than that obtained directly from the fresh pomegranate .. infact I hoped until the last become a beautiful red, but in vain .. a light pink . The taste is fine, but with the juice directly squeezed is another thing.

@MypinchofItaly

Yes, unfortunately however, what I do like is that your Pomegranate Juice has no additives or no chemicals ..

They look lovely none the less ..

Have a nice weekend ..

Ingredients for 8 muffins, Preparation time 5 mins, Cooking time 30 mins

2 eggs
100 g. cane sugar
150 g. 00 flour (to sift)
100 ml pomegranate juice
a pinch of salt
1 tablespoon dried yeast
150 g. ricotta cheese

Great recipe! I hadn't expected anyone to go baking something with Pomegranate, but could conceive of a dozen or more things to do ... Pomegranate bread, bagels, Pomegranate Banana Cake ... What I really like about your recipe is the Pomegranate matched up with Ricotta Cheese. I pulled that trick in my recipe using Cream Cheese. It works excellent. Yes, you have an elegant recipe that is both simple and more than likely a tasty treat Well done!

Great recipe! I hadn't expected anyone to go baking something with Pomegranate, but could conceive of a dozen or more things to do ... Pomegranate bread, bagels, Pomegranate Banana Cake ... What I really like about your recipe is the Pomegranate matched up with Ricotta Cheese. I pulled that trick in my recipe using Cream Cheese. It works excellent. Yes, you have an elegant recipe that is both simple and more than likely a tasty treat Well done!

:thankyou:

Back
Top Bottom