Post Traumatic Syndrome (Depression).

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
6:33 PM
Has anyone ever been diagnosed with this disorder? It is also called post traumatic stress disorder.

I was last week as a result of having gone through being terrorized by the landlord from hell!! Also, the exasperating stress of having to move and the exhausting work involved with it!!

I went through tons of sad episodes where I would break down and cry over the stress of moving, being tortured by the mean & nasty landlord, because he constantly berated, humiliated and attacked me!! I felt so worthless and my self esteem was so low. I would call friends & family, tell them my problems and I broke down crying, unable to hold back the tears!!

I had thoughts of suicide and I was so miserable mentally!! Also, I was too heartbroken over having to move out of the neighborhood where I've lived for 13 years and loved it so much!!!!! I'm on the mend with medicine for depression (PTSD). will be alright though. The periods of uncontrolled crying are less now, as I try to stay focused and move forward and get on with my life.

I also must go for therapy as well. :( :ohmy: :headshake::stop:

Last edited:
Has anyone ever been diagnosed with this condition? It is also called post traumatic stress disorder.

I was last week as a result of having gone through being terrorized by the landlord from hell!! Also, the exasperating stress of having to move and the exhausting work involved with it!!

I went through tons of sad episodes where I would break down and cry over the stress of moving, being tortured by the mean & nasty landlord, because he constantly berated, humiliated and attacked me!! I felt so worthless and my self esteem was so low. I would call friends & family, tell them my problems and I broke down crying, unable to hold back the tears!!

I had thoughts of suicide and I was so miserable mentally!! Also, I was too heartbroken over having to move out of the neighborhood where I've lived for 13 years and loved it so much!!!!! I'm on the mend with medicine for depression (PTSD). will be alright though. The periods of uncontrolled crying are less now, as I try to stay focused and move forward and get on with my life.

Hope you get yourself settled down/in soon, where ever you moved to.

Hope you get yourself settled down/in soon, where ever you moved to.

Thanks!

I never knew that I would end up suffering from such a traumatic disorder. I think that I've been through more trauma than I been through in my entire life!! :( :eek:

Wow - I'm so sorry you had to go through that, what a terrible situation. One positive though is now you have a diagnosis that it will be easier on working towards treating and dealing with it. I know my brother in law has gone through it and still battles with it - he was in Iraq when the Gulf War was on and saw some pretty nasty stuff.

Thinking of you. Hoping that you can start making great strides forward - having a doctor/psychologist on board definitely helps.

So sorry you are going through this. I have struggled with depression over the years and I know how it torments you and makes you feel worthless. I am glad that you are now on meds and getting the help you need. Hope you feel better soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks everyone for caring!

Depression or post traumatic stress (PTSD) has at times made me feel so low and worthless. I'm hoping that meds, therapy & staying focused will help me move forward and put all those sad episodes of low self esteem, uncontrolled crying and sorrow behind me. :headshake::stop:

Best wishes and hope you continue to make progress. I can not understand how a landlord would resort to violence to get rid of a tenant! Do you not have any rights as a tenant in the states? Here in the UK, it would simply not be acceptable. We have been tenants for over 20 years at 3 properties. We are currently looking to buy our own home and ironically I am finding that really scary. The thought of settling down somewhere really unsettles me! How ironic is that?

I have been battling with depression for a while now (almost a year) after I lost my freedom and even my ability to wash myself when my back went. I am an outdoors person and being confined to bed for 6 months in a room with only a skylight window was sheer hell. I'm getting better physically, I have more freedom that I did have, but have had to accept that I need a wheelchair for things like doing the shopping and going to the cinema etc. I have had to accept that I need a cleaner in to help me keep the home clean. Something I can't do and my husband, well he just doesn't see what I see and does not see it as a problem. She's here at the moment cleaning up after me in the kitchen after I made 2 loaves of my rather nice and moreish rye, sunflower and honey sourdough this morning. Tomorrow I will make another mess in the kitchen cooking the sourdough and making a batch of scones to take up in the car for the journey on holiday on Saturday. It will be our first holiday since Sept last year and my husband needs it because he is exhausted looking after me. Sadly I think it is going to hurt me rather a lot both getting up there, sleeping up there and even just sitting down up there because I have a riser recliner chair here that I use to sit in at an angle that takes the weight off my spine. I won't have it there and we are even talking about not taking the wheelchair because of a space issue in the (estate) car we have! I am dreading the first few days to be honest and can see a lot of tears happening because I want this holiday to be a rest for him and I know it is going to me very hard on me just because it is not set up for me and it is somewhere we have been to many many times before (that is the only good thing because we know what to expect).

We are lucky that our landlady finds us useful. We dog sit for her Irish Wolf Hound, and he is a large as a dog comes! But we know that once he dies, we will no longer be useful to her and have to stay on her good side. We don't expect to see anything of our deposit, it would be nice if we did, but we don't expect to, she is just that sort of landlord. Luckily I don't think it will amount to violence.

Best wishes and hope you continue to make progress. I can not understand how a landlord would resort to violence to get rid of a tenant! Do you not have any rights as a tenant in the states? Here in the UK, it would simply not be acceptable. We have been tenants for over 20 years at 3 properties. We are currently looking to buy our own home and ironically I am finding that really scary. The thought of settling down somewhere really unsettles me! How ironic is that?

I have been battling with depression for a while now (almost a year) after I lost my freedom and even my ability to wash myself when my back went. I am an outdoors person and being confined to bed for 6 months in a room with only a skylight window was sheer hell. I'm getting better physically, I have more freedom that I did have, but have had to accept that I need a wheelchair for things like doing the shopping and going to the cinema etc. I have had to accept that I need a cleaner in to help me keep the home clean. Something I can't do and my husband, well he just doesn't see what I see and does not see it as a problem. She's here at the moment cleaning up after me in the kitchen after I made 2 loaves of my rather nice and moreish rye, sunflower and honey sourdough this morning. Tomorrow I will make another mess in the kitchen cooking the sourdough and making a batch of scones to take up in the car for the journey on holiday on Saturday. It will be our first holiday since Sept last year and my husband needs it because he is exhausted looking after me. Sadly I think it is going to hurt me rather a lot both getting up there, sleeping up there and even just sitting down up there because I have a riser recliner chair here that I use to sit in at an angle that takes the weight off my spine. I won't have it there and we are even talking about not taking the wheelchair because of a space issue in the (estate) car we have! I am dreading the first few days to be honest and can see a lot of tears happening because I want this holiday to be a rest for him and I know it is going to me very hard on me just because it is not set up for me and it is somewhere we have been to many many times before (that is the only good thing because we know what to expect).

We are lucky that our landlady finds us useful. We dog sit for her Irish Wolf Hound, and he is a large as a dog comes! But we know that once he dies, we will no longer be useful to her and have to stay on her good side. We don't expect to see anything of our deposit, it would be nice if we did, but we don't expect to, she is just that sort of landlord. Luckily I don't think it will amount to violence.

I feel for you immensely on that one!!

This guy, from the time that I moved there, was one of the nicest people up until the spring of this year. As the last few months have past, he quickly became a maggot from hell!!

The more that we fought him, the nastier he got!! Money changed his attitude and made him a mean & nasty moron!! But Karma will get him for the way that he treated us so dirty & mean!! I just wish that I could see or hear about it when it does!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I feel for you immensely on that one!!

This guy, from the time that I moved there, was one of the nicest people up until the spring of this year. As the last few months have past, he quickly became a maggot from hell!!

The more that we fought him, the nastier he got!! Money changed his attitude and made him a mean & nasty moron!! But Karma will get him for the way that he treated us so dirty & mean!! I just wish that I could see or hear about it when it does!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I have found it is better just not to know people like that, so best to leave it be if you understand me.

We were fine with our landlady's agent for 12 years until we left. Then he decided to get stroppy and try to hang onto our deposit. Little things like the ladders that were on the inventory that he had told us to throw away because they were unsafe and dangerous, suddenly they needed to exist again! He knew we were leaving the country and thought he could get money out of us. Well I never threw those ladders away. I put them in the woodland right at the bottom of the garden where they we hidden and not visible at all unless you knew where to look, so they could never be used. He 'found' them and we got that money back, plus he tried charging us a fee for turning up and doing the inventory on the day we left! It's his job and if he should be charging anyone, it should be the landlady! We won that one as well...

Has anyone ever been diagnosed with this disorder? It is also called post traumatic stress disorder.

I am so sorry you had to go through all of that, people can be so nasty when they want to be. I too had a small bout of PTSD a couple of years ago, but I think I finally shook it off. My OH and I split (his choice) and we ended up getting back together, but for the longest time afterward, I walked on eggshells and started to think really low on myself fearing that he would split from me again. At the time I was in a bad place and was scared of being alone. Now I have people around me and so I finally pulled out of this feeling and came to the realization that if he were to ever leave, my life would go on. I was seriously shaken every time some argument or disagreement came about, and I have never been that kind of person in my life.

I will pray for you Shermie. When one door closes, another opens, and I hope you find peace in your new home!

I am so sorry you had to go through all of that, people can be so nasty when they want to be. I too had a small bout of PTSD a couple of years ago, but I think I finally shook it off. My OH and I split (his choice) and we ended up getting back together, but for the longest time afterward, I walked on eggshells and started to think really low on myself fearing that he would split from me again. At the time I was in a bad place and was scared of being alone. Now I have people around me and so I finally pulled out of this feeling and came to the realization that if he were to ever leave, my life would go on. I was seriously shaken every time some argument or disagreement came about, and I have never been that kind of person in my life.

I will pray for you Shermie. When one door closes, another opens, and I hope you find peace in your new home!

Thanks!

So much stress has entered my life since this maggot from hell has started his nasty crusade to get us out of the building!

Never before was I ever tested to the breaking point as I were when this chain of unbroken events began to surface!! I'm relieved now to be out of the building though - where I felt like a prisoner and the nasty landlord bullied, threatened, retaliated and terrorized us because we would not let him force us out unlawfully!! :thumbsdown:

I somehow felt like you were missing. I hope you have settled in your new home well and hopefully you will be able to look back at this one day and maybe smile while you are preparing
002-jpg.jpg
some more of this right here that I had hell trying to find. Do you remember that posting of yours? :chef: We have turkeys to fry at those relatives I remember you talking about. Life has a way of throwing us some curve balls. I try to duck or run for cover even though I sometimes want to strike back. Leave those mean people behind just where they are supposed to be and look forward. I believe there can be blessings in seeming disappointments. I hope that is true in this case.

Stay and laugh with us. You make great use of those emoticons (hope that's the correct word). I think I am a prime candidate for depression, but a doctor friend of mine told me it's my laughter that protects me. Let's not let these people rob us of joy. We have food to prepare.:bbq::cheers::cook:

Sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant experience. Hope you are on the mend and I know it does not look like it now but some day you will look back at this experience and say to yourself it was a good thing, it has opened you to a new experience and place to live. Take care.

I somehow felt like you were missing. I hope you have settled in your new home well and hopefully you will be able to look back at this one day and maybe smile while you are preparing
002-jpg.jpg
some more of this right here that I had hell trying to find. Do you remember that posting of yours? :chef: We have turkeys to fry at those relatives I remember you talking about. Life has a way of throwing us some curve balls. I try to duck or run for cover even though I sometimes want to strike back. Leave those mean people behind just where they are supposed to be and look forward. I believe there can be blessings in seeming disappointments. I hope that is true in this case.

Stay and laugh with us. You make great use of those emoticons (hope that's the correct word). I think I am a prime candidate for depression, but a doctor friend of mine told me it's my laughter that protects me. Let's not let these people rob us of joy. We have food to prepare.:bbq::cheers::cook:

Thanks.

I am starting to feel sad again, but otherwise happy.

I gotta move on and put all that berating by that maggot from hell behind me. I don't even want to go back there and look at the building again!! Too many sad memories during the last several months spent there!!

It is much like the 09-11 families when they said that they don't want the original WTC rebuilt as it was before the attacks!! The best thing that they can do is to knock it down and put a different building there!! :( :headshake: :stop:

Sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant experience. Hope you are on the mend and I know it does not look like it now but some day you will look back at this experience and say to yourself it was a good thing, it has opened you to a new experience and place to live. Take care.

Thanks for the comment.

I STILL love that part of the city, and I hope to someday soon, move back over there, but at a different address and different street. :wink: :happy:

Attachments

• grin[1].gif
    grin[1].gif
    265 bytes · Views: 233
Back
Top Bottom