Recipe Pumpkin and Sage Gnocchi

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
7:38 PM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
I have a MASSIVE over abundance of sage right now - which led me to try and find yummy pasta recipes that incorporated it!

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/22234/gnocchi+with+roasted+pumpkin+and+sage+burnt+butter+sauce

Source is above!

1/2 small butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm cubes
  • 500g fresh gnocchi
  • 175g unsalted butter
  • 1/3 cup sage leaves
  • shaved parmesan, to serve

Preheat oven to 190°C. Place pumpkin on a baking tray lined with baking paper and spray with olive oil spray. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove to a plate, set aside and cover to keep warm.

Cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente.

Meanwhile, place butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until butter just starts to turn brown. Add sage and cook for 1 minute or until crisp. Remove sage from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook the butter until golden brown.

Drain the gnocchi and place in a large bowl. Add pumpkin. Season with salt and pepper, and gently toss to combine. To serve, divide gnocchi between serving bowls and then pour over the butter sauce. Scatter with sage leaves and serve with shaved parmesan.

22234_l.jpg

I have a MASSIVE over abundance of sage right now - which led me to try and find yummy pasta recipes that incorporated it!

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/22234/gnocchi+with+roasted+pumpkin+and+sage+burnt+butter+sauce

Source is above!

1/2 small butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm cubes
  • 500g fresh gnocchi
  • 175g unsalted butter
  • 1/3 cup sage leaves
  • shaved parmesan, to serve
Preheat oven to 190°C. Place pumpkin on a baking tray lined with baking paper and spray with olive oil spray. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove to a plate, set aside and cover to keep warm.

Cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente.

Meanwhile, place butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until butter just starts to turn brown. Add sage and cook for 1 minute or until crisp. Remove sage from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook the butter until golden brown.

Drain the gnocchi and place in a large bowl. Add pumpkin. Season with salt and pepper, and gently toss to combine. To serve, divide gnocchi between serving bowls and then pour over the butter sauce. Scatter with sage leaves and serve with shaved parmesan.

22234_l.jpg
Sage butter - very delicious! This is a lovely recipe.

Back
Top Bottom