• Salt
  • 6 to 8 Red Thai chilies, chopped
  • A generous handful of chopped fresh coriander leaf
  • 2 Flour tortillas
  • 100 gm Cheese, grated
salsa.jpg

Method

First make the salsa:

Mix the onion and garlic with the lime juice in a large bowl and set aside for 30 minutes. Add the cayenne chili, tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and salt and mix well. Taste for hotness and add some Thai chilies to your taste.

Put 50% of the mixture in a blender and pulse blend for a second or two. Return the blended mixture to the bowl, mix well and add the coriander.

Chill, preferably overnight.

Place one flour tortilla in a "dry" non stick pan. Cook over a low light until just browning. Remove the tortilla.

Place the other flour tortilla in the pan and spread over the salsa and then the grated cheese.

Place the "cooked" tortilla on the top and cook over a low heat until the cheese has melted.

quesadilla 2 s.jpg

@Yorky

Perhaps, you should open up a small international Bistro Café .. You would do marvelously !

I finished working 9 years ago. I enjoyed my work but I was past my sell-by-date.

I enjoy cooking but only what I wish to eat; I find it difficult to adapt to other's tastes.

I've also seen more businesses go down the drain here than anywhere else I've lived (except maybe China) so I really don't need the hassle.

Place one flour tortilla in a "dry" non stick pan. Cook over a low light until just browning. Remove the tortilla.

Place the other flour tortilla in the pan and spread over the salsa and then the grated cheese.

Place the "cooked" tortilla on the top and cook over a low heat until the cheese has melted.
I like this technique. I've always assembled the whole thing on the cutting board. Then there's that moment of uncertainty trying to flip it over in the pan without some of the contents falling out, or having to be repositioned after the flip.

I finished working 9 years ago. I enjoyed my work but I was past my sell-by-date.

I enjoy cooking but only what I wish to eat; I find it difficult to adapt to other's tastes.

I've also seen more businesses go down the drain here than anywhere else I've lived (except maybe China) so I really don't need the hassle.

@Yorky

Definitely, understandable !

It is also a "slave" business and tremendous amounts of labor ..

One must have alot of back-up finances for those slow periods .. It is not easy ..

Have a lovely day ..

I like this technique. I've always assembled the whole thing on the cutting board. Then there's that moment of uncertainty trying to flip it over in the pan without some of the contents falling out, or having to be repositioned after the flip.

The first time I made them I tried the pre-assembled method. Total mess.

Back
Top Bottom