Question about stuffing

daylight50

Local time
10:34 PM
Hello
For over 30 years I've stuffed the neck and body of our Christmas turkeys as my mother used to do with the same stuffing, breadcrumbs and herbs etc. Don't get me wrong, it's delicious but I would love a change. I've tasted a few stuffing recipes and one in particular l thought was lovely, it had apples and potatoes in it.
Would this work with turkey? Would anyone have the recipe please

I don't have a recipe for it, but I think that you should be able to Google it. I don't see why it can't be used to stuff your Christmas turkey with it. :wink:

Hello
For over 30 years I've stuffed the neck and body of our Christmas turkeys as my mother used to do with the same stuffing, breadcrumbs and herbs etc. Don't get me wrong, it's delicious but I would love a change. I've tasted a few stuffing recipes and one in particular l thought was lovely, it had apples and potatoes in it.
Would this work with turkey? Would anyone have the recipe please

I think you probably mean stuffing the neck end and body? The neck itself is usually used to make gravy along with the giblets. Anyway - I'm sure the potato, apple stuffing will work although I can't immediately recall a recipe. I think you would want some herbs like sage and thyme in that too. I'll do a bit of research and see what I can find...

I think you probably mean stuffing the neck end and body? The neck itself is usually used to make gravy along with the giblets. Anyway - I'm sure the potato, apple stuffing will work although I can't immediately recall a recipe. I think you would want some herbs like sage and thyme in that too. I'll do a bit of research and see what I can find...
Thank you Morning Glory, I did some searching and found one for duck but it says to use cooking apples, what do you think

Thank you Morning Glory, I did some searching and found one for duck but it says to use cooking apples, what do you think

I think generally cooking apples are used but you could probably use eating apples. Potato and apple stuffing is often used for goose as the potatoes soak up the goose fat. I'm still looking...

ive posted this on a few sites.
1. 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
2 eggs
S and p
Parsley
Sage
Cooked 1 onion with bacon pieces
Rosemary.
Herbs I put about a tablespoon of each but double up on the sage. Mix until moist, I add also juice of 1 orange.

It's beautiful stuffing.

Russ

1. 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
2 eggs
S and p
Parsley
Sage
Rosemary.
Herbs I put about a tablespoon of each but double up on the sage. Mix until moist, I add also juice of 1 orange.

It's beautiful stuffing.

Russ

Sounds good but no potatoes or apples. :)

Bacon would be good with the apple, though.

1. 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
2 eggs
S and p
Parsley
Sage
Rosemary.

It's beautiful stuffing.

Russ
Thanks for that Do you stuff the bird with this

Back
Top Bottom