Question about stuffing

I prefer a mixture of corn bread and fresh bread cube stuffing/dressing with butter sauted celery and onions, with poultry seasoning and chicken or turkey stock, but Craig prefers just dried bread cube stuffing/dressing, with the above veges and seasoning. If I make my favorite, I freeze serving size portions for me and use them when we have a roasted poultry meal. Craig uses the bagged dried bread cube stuffing mixes and makes his own.

I also like gravy made with chopped up giblets. Craig, not so much. So, I just add the giblets to my gravy and he doesn't.

I prefer a mixture of corn bread and fresh bread cube stuffing/dressing with butter sauted celery and onions, with poultry seasoning and chicken or turkey stock, but Craig prefers just dried bread cube stuffing/dressing, with the above veges and seasoning. If I make my favorite, I freeze serving size portions for me and use them when we have a roasted poultry meal. Craig uses the bagged dried bread cube stuffing mixes and makes his own.

I also like gravy made with chopped up giblets. Craig, not so much. So, I just add the giblets to my gravy and he doesn't.

Cube bread stuffing is not something I'm familiar with - UK recipes generally specify breadcrumbs. So the bread stays in cubes? Or does it dissolve into the stuffing? I'm trying to picture how it looks.

Cube bread stuffing is not something I'm familiar with - UK recipes generally specify breadcrumbs. So the bread stays in cubes? Or does it dissolve into the stuffing? I'm trying to picture how it looks.

The fresh bread cubes just sort of dissolve and mix with the crumbled up cornbread to make a homogenous mixture.

The dried bread cubes (and crumbled up) preseasoned mixes will just become mush if you add too much liquid. If you practice restraint with the liquid, the bread cubes will retain some integrity, but will soften.

Back
Top Bottom