Quiz: Trick or Treat

No! I would have possibly accepted generic terms for things if that was all that was forthcoming. After all, someone would have to be the winner. But this is a Halloween quiz and given the amount of clues... in the event of a tie, the winner will be the one with the most accurate cryptic crossword clue answers!
I had my answers before any clues were given, and I'll stick with them.

I'm not one to blow my horn!

OK. It seems that @classic33 has edited his original post to supply answers. At least, I think that is the case. However, I need the answers to the anagrams. There is at least one to which @classic33 has not given the anagrammatical (is that a word!) answer. There are no recent on-line answers from @SatNavSaysStraightOn. Still, there is time yet. About 3 hours to go...

Blood Orange, Cup Of The Dead, Witch Hazel,

Clarence Cabbage Bat's Wing Fern, Ghost Chili
Webbs wonderful
not
Voodoo Chili
Blood Orange, Trumpet Of The Dead(Said to be Gabriels), Witch Hazel,

Clarence Webbs Wonderful Cabbage, Bat's Wing Fern, Ghost Chili
Webbs wonderful
not
Voodoo Chili

Known where I've seen it growing, by this name because of where it was found growing. On land bodering the local graveyard.

Last edited:
Blood Orange, Cup Of The Dead, Witch Hazel,

Clarence Webbs Wonderful Cabbage, Bat's Wing Fern, Ghost Chili
Webbs wonderful
not
Voodoo Chil

Known where I've seen it growing, by this name because of where it was found growing. On land bordering the local graveyard.

That's lovely, @classic33 and the graveyard reference is very apposite. But I need the other name for the mushrooms, from the anagram I posted. I'm sure you can solve my elegant anagram... it took me ages to construct!.

Missed the deadline, sorry... (Bad pun, I know but my body turns off at 9:30pm and I just have to go to bed, no choice!)
Blood orange
trompette de la mort
Witch hazel
Webbs wonder lettuce
Batswing Fern
Ghost chilies

I'll supply the evidence for times if needed... .:wink: but I did have them by 8am yesterday morning in a pm with @morning glory

Ok. I know its not morning but I had to rescue my son from the police station, so I have a good excuse.

The answers are:

Blood Orange, Trompette de la mort* (anagram of 'lets tempt moderator'), Witch hazel
Webb's Wonder lettuce, Batswing Fern (anagram of 'brew - tin fangs'), Ghost chilli

The first clue 'I wonder which one is witch in this tangled web?' refers to Witch hazel and to Webb's wonder.
*Trompette de la mort is also called Cup of Death.

So. Both @classic33 and @SatNavSaysStraightOn managed to identify all the items. However, @SatNavSaysStraightOn correctly solved both anagrams.
So the winner by a short head is @SatNavSaysStraightOn.

rosette.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. I know its not morning but I had to rescue my son from the police station, so I have a good excuse.

The answers are:

Blood Orange, Trompette de la mort* (anagram of 'lets tempt moderator'), Witch hazel
Webb's Wonder lettuce, Batswing Fern (anagram of 'brew - tin fangs'), Ghost chilli

The first clue 'I wonder which one is witch in this tangled web?' refers to Witch hazel and to Webb's wonder.
*Trompette de la mort is also called Cup of Death.

So. Both @classic33 and @SatNavSaysStraightOn managed to identify all the items. However, @SatNavSaysStraightOn correctly solved both anagrams.
So the winner by a short head is @SatNavSaysStraightOn.

View attachment 1755

Anyone else remember this!!
Alternatively he could be disqualified completely because the T&C's of the forum are for English language only!

:whistling:

Back
Top Bottom