Recipe Radicchio, speck, brie and walnuts Tarte Tatin sweet and sour (with diary free shortcut pastry)

Sandra

Über Member
Local time
6:11 PM
upload_2018-1-2_20-20-28.jpeg

Ingredients:
For the shortcut pastry diary free
200 gr refined flour
60 gr EVOO
70 gr very cold water
salt

For the filling:
300 gr radicchio (the red one)
70 gr speck (cut into cubes)
100 gr brie cheese (cut into cubes)
2 tablespoons glaze of balsamic vinegar (or alternatively 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar)
1 ½ tablrspoons honey
2 fistfuls walnuts (crumbled with your hands)
salt
EVOO

Method:
For the shortcut pastry:
knead the flour with the salt and the EVOO until a granular dough is obtained, then add cold water and continue to knead until the dough is compact and elastic (1 or 2 minutes with cold hands).
Cover the shortcut pastry in some film e let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour. When the filling is ready roll it out with a rolling pin.

For the filling:
Wash the radicchio and cut it into strips. Put some EVOO in a pan with the honey and glaze of balsamic vinegar, heat slightly and then add the radicchio. When the radicchio is tender add the speck and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Finally add the walnuts. Let it cool and pour it in a cake pan. Finally add the cubes of brie cheese.
Cover the filling with the shortcut pastry and place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Turn on the oven at 180 degrees and when it arrived at temperature remove the tarte tatin from the fridge and bake for 30 minutes. Turn it upside-down.
upload_2018-1-2_20-21-59.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 12642

Ingredients:
For the shortcut pastry diary free
200 gr refined flour
60 gr EVOO
70 gr very cold water
salt

For the filling:
300 gr radicchio (the red one)
70 gr speck (cut into cubes)
100 gr brie cheese (cut into cubes)
2 spoons glaze of balsamic vinegar
1 ½ spoons honey
2 fistfuls walnuts (crumbled with your hands)
salt
EVOO

Method:
For the shortcut pastry:
knead the flour with the salt and the EVOO until a granular dough is obtained, then add cold water and continue to knead until the dough is compact and elastic (1 or 2 minutes with cold hands).
Cover the shortcut pastry in some film e let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour. When the filling is ready roll it out with a rolling pin.

For the filling:
Wash the radicchio and cut it into strips. Put some EVOO in a pan with the honey and glaze of balsamic vinegar, heat slightly and then add the radicchio. When the radicchio is tender add the speck and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Finally add the walnuts. Let it cool and pour it in a cake pan. Finally add the cubes of brie cheese.
Cover the filling with the shortcut pastry and place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Turn on the oven at 180 degrees and when it arrived at temperature remove the tarte tatin from the fridge and bake for 30 minutes. Turn it upside-down.
View attachment 12644

Looks great! Is balsamic glaze just reduced balsamic vinegar and is the measurement tsp or Tbsp?

Looks great! Is balsamic glaze just reduced balsamic vinegar and is the measurement tsp or Tbsp?
Thank you! Tbsp and I bought the balsamic vinegar glass ready. In Italy it is very easy to find it. I guess you can simply use balsamic vinegar

This looks so dark and interesting! Great preparation photos too. I notice you put the covered tart into the fridge before cooking. I haven't come across that technique. It seems to have worked really well.

Looks very scrummy @Sandra..
the Radicchio in this period is very popular, in fact I am also making extensive use! And Radicchio is so good and versatle!

Mod edit: text translated in to English.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks so dark and interesting! Great preparation photos too. I notice you put the covered tart into the fridge before cooking. I haven't come across that technique. It seems to have worked really well.
It is so dark because of the balsamic vinegar that is caramelized with honey.
It was my first tarte tatin and I read about this technique but next time I'll try not to put it in the fridge to understand the difference. Anyway it worked well!

Looks very scrummy @Sandra..
the Radicchio in this period is very popular, in fact I am also making extensive use! And Radicchio is so good and versatle!

Mod edit: text translated in to English
What does scrummy mean? What a struggle all in English
:cry:
I perfectly agree with you about radicchio!

Mod edit: translated into English and Italian removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom