Random Cooking Idea

muncher1

Local time
9:45 AM
How cool would it be if I could be away from the kitchen attending to other needful things but I can still monitor the underside and topside of my food so that if I need to flip something or do whatever I can just return to the kitchen when needed?

What do you guys think?

So a built in, heat/fire proof webcam (with the need to provide illumination as well)?

Not sure I'd personally see the need but I also don't really see the need for my airfryer or my Vitamix blender to be connected to wireless and be controllable by my phone when I have a single storey 3 bedroomed house that takes less than 15 seconds to walk end from end.

Even my sister who's a generation younger than me hasn't yet found the need to use the remote control/wireless features of the airfryer we bought for her last month whilst back in the UK. As she said, sometimes you just have to leave the desk and walk around the house. I guess she might peep at the image once or twice as she gets to know the airfryer (its her first one), and how to use it and that a couple of minutes either way isn't going to kill her food, but after that learning period is over, what use would it be? Would the cost actual save money and make life more convenient in the long run?

Guess I may be too old school or over the hill at 50? Ironic given my former occupation as an IT engineer.

Perhaps other members might see a use for one?

I suppose there would be a market for something like that, but I don't belong to the target group.
I never got much further than using a timer and a whistling kettle :wink:

There're chef robots in Japan and also a cooperation with Volkswagen made one. They're functioning and only cost around 40k$ I think, maybe more
They can cook food on time

So a built in, heat/fire proof webcam (with the need to provide illumination as well)?

Not sure I'd personally see the need but I also don't really see the need for my airfryer or my Vitamix blender to be connected to wireless and be controllable by my phone when I have a single storey 3 bedroomed house that takes less than 15 seconds to walk end from end.

Even my sister who's a generation younger than me hasn't yet found the need to use the remote control/wireless features of the airfryer we bought for her last month whilst back in the UK. As she said, sometimes you just have to leave the desk and walk around the house. I guess she might peep at the image once or twice as she gets to know the airfryer (its her first one), and how to use it and that a couple of minutes either way isn't going to kill her food, but after that learning period is over, what use would it be? Would the cost actual save money and make life more convenient in the long run?

Guess I may be too old school or over the hill at 50? Ironic given my former occupation as an IT engineer.

Perhaps other members might see a use for one?
Hey! Thanks for your insight! My idea isn't crazily sophisticated yet, more like something along the lines of "I wish I can just see it without always having to go back and flip it" when I wanted to go do something else for the time being. I don't know how much "money" will be saved since its more for something that can potentially ease your mind and make life more convenient in the long run. It's kinda like iRobot's Roomba which can save a lot of time while you pay around $29 / month on top of like $300 for the robot itself. I sure hope people don't have to pay that high of a subscription for my funny idea haha!

Back
Top Bottom