Forum GOD!
Local time
2:45 AM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Risotto-seasoned-with-red-wine.jpg

Servings 4, Preparation time 10 mins, Cooking time 14/15 mins

• 400 g rice Arborio or Carnaroli
  • 2 and a half glasses of full-bodied red wine (Barolo)
  • 2 small onion (1 for the broth, 1 for the rice)
  • Vegetable broth to taste (onion, carrot, celery and a bay leaf if you have) or use vegetable stock cube
  • 30 g. of grated Parmesan cheese
  • a knob of cold butter to whisk
  • extra virgin olive oil (EVO)
  • salt and black ground pepper to taste
Method

Prepare the vegetable broth as you prefer (using vegetables or using a stock cube).

Cut finely the onion for the rice.

In a pot, add some tablespoons of EVOO with the chopped onion and, as soon as it becomes clear, pour the rice and mix it for a few minutes.

Now pour the glasses of wine in the pot and let it absorb. Add a handful of grated parmesan.

Then add a pinch of salt and cook together with a ladle of warm broth at a time until the broth is completely absorbed.
Stir continuously the rice to avoid it sticking to the pot.

Turn off the flame. Season with a sprinkled of black ground pepper, a bit of grated Parmesan and a knob of cold butter, and stir. Leave for a few minutes before serving.

Last edited:
@MypinchofItaly

I have eaten it out several times in Milano, however, I have never prepared it at home .. It is on my list to do´s ..

I would plate it with a "mold " on a large White porcelain verses in a bowl ..

I would like to prepare this dish for some holidays we have coming up in September as an entrée / main course ..

Truly gorgeous !

@MypinchofItaly

I have eaten it out several times in Milano, however, I have never prepared it at home .. It is on my list to do´s ..

I would plate it with a "mold " on a large White porcelain verses in a bowl ..

I would like to prepare this dish for some holidays we have coming up in September as an entrée / main course ..

Truly gorgeous !

I'm happy you like it! And trust me @Francesca, is very simple to do....although my English description..hahahaha :laugh:

I'm happy you like it! And trust me @Francesca, is very simple to do....although my English description..hahahaha :laugh:

@MypinchofItaly

I have no trouble understanding your English whatsoever ..

If I have any questions, I shall write you a private message ..

Buon fine settimana .. Ciao. Have a lovely weekend ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom