refrigerator question

DITTO @classic33 also a full freezer maintains its temperature better than a partially full freezer. The units are so well sealed and insulated that I do not think normal household, external temperatures will make much difference. We have 2 upright freezers in G's shop. It is not climate controlled so it gets very hot during the summer. We have never had an issue with the internal temperature of the freezers.
I never got an email notification of your response. Thank you for the info.

I bought a fridge/freezer thermometer to check the temperatures in my appliance. I discovered that the fridge was generally around a temperature of 2 degC and the freezer -17degC except during the auto defrost when it increases to around -8degC (how long for, I have yet to determine).Both compartments are currently set on maximum cold (ambient temperatures are currently 34 degC, daytime and 24 degC, nightime).
Sorry for the late response but I never got an email notification of your response. Thanks for all the details. I like the idea of a digital thermometer. Mine are both analog.

I like the idea of a digital thermometer. Mine are both analog.

This one cost me US$5.00.

freezer thermometer s.jpg

Here's another refrigerator question - what's in it?

About 30 years ago I was invited to a Thanksgiving Dinner at the home of some friends in South Wimbledon. Their next-door-neighbour was a famous TV actor whose deviant sexual practices were well-known locally - not least because of the eruptions of noise from his house in the early hours. I've no idea why it was a Thanksgiving Dinner because no-one had any connection with the US - the only thing I can now remember eating were purple mashed potatoes (stained with beetroot juice).

Anyway at one point in the evening, one of my friends invited me into the kitchen. "Hey, Bob, check out the freezer....". Well, I'm not one to get excited about freezers … but it seemed impolite to turn down the invitation. A large chest freezer revealed - when opened - to be half-full of bottles of frozen vodka. If I remember rightly, you take the bottle out of the freezer an hour or so before you want to drink the contents. What emerges sluggishly from the bottle is a viscous liquid - thicker than treacle and similar to a top-quality (and impossible to buy) olive oil. Wow.

"Hey, Bob, have you seen the refrigerators ?" I opened the first of two - half-full of butter, milk, yoghurt, cheese and half-full of bottles of vodka. Oh my.

I opened the door to the second refrigerator - it was packed with more bottles of vodka. Nothing else. Just vodka.

I can't remember anything else from that evening.

-17.1 degC (Celsius).

I looked at the thermometer this morning and it displayed "LL" which apparently signyfies that the temperature is lower than the range measured by the thermometer (minimum -20.0 degC).

Back
Top Bottom