Rhubarb and Custard Tart discussion

EatNiceBeNice

Local time
5:01 PM
Mod. Edit posts copied to start new thread.

I'm still working on my custard tarts, I think I'm about there with the custard consistency. The sweet pastry, as ever, is an ongoing development...

IMG_0274.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Im still working on my custard tarts, I think I'm about there with the custard consistency. The sweet pastry, as ever, is an ongoing development...

View attachment 14010

They look beautiful to me! Did you try putting rhubarb in them as mentioned before? I've got some rhubarb in the fridge right now and I might have a stab at making some.

They look beautiful to me! Did you try putting rhubarb in them as mentioned before? I've got some rhubarb in the fridge right now and I might have a stab at making some.
yes, one batch had a layer of rhubarb puree under the custard, it tasted great but the pastry took on some of the moisture. I ended up serving them with a compote on the side,

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, one batch had a layer of rhubar puree under the custard, it tasted great but the pastry took on some of the moisture. I ended up serving them with a compote on the side,

Oh, I see. Yes, I imagine the rhubarb might make the pastry soggy. I was going to try to put the rhubarb in so that it was visible (not sure how yet!).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom