Rice Flour what would you make and what should I make lol?

pinkcherrychef

Local time
1:11 AM
I didn't really know which category I should put this in since rice flour can be used for so many things. So I picked this one. Okay so I finally found out how to make my own rice flour and did but now I don't know what I should make with it lol.
So can you guys help me out here lol. Do you use rice flour? If you do what do you make with it? What do you suggest I make with my rice flour?
Thanks ahead of time :)

Moved this thread to Rice section.

Yes, tempura batter. Also pancakes. In my experience it doesn't work very well in bread.
Thank you! Pancakes really? The pancakes I know of never had rice flour in them. Do you have a recipe?

Thank you! Pancakes really? The pancakes I know of never had rice flour in them. Do you have a recipe?

It's not American style pancakes, it's Asian pancakes as Craig mentioned. They can have a variety of things in them, scallions, seafood, kimchi, etc. Don't know if you've ever had or heard of Peking duck, but if you have, that's what the little pancakes are made from.

There is also a dim sum dough made with rice flour, but it's a difficult dough to master. My first and only attempt so far was an utter disaster even though I followed the directions to the letter. I'll try another recipe next time, even though there is a warning about how hard it is to get it right.

Last edited:
It's not American style pancakes, it's Asian pancakes as Craig mentioned.

Yes - that's right. Although they can be served with sweet toppings like French crepes or English pancakes. I can't find the recipe but far as I remember its a straightforward pancake recipe with rice flour instead of wheat flour.

Back
Top Bottom