Recipe Ridiculously easy cracker spread

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
11:11 AM
After posting about my smoked salmon spread, I just thought of another cracker spread I make sometimes that is ridiculously easy and tastes delicious on a warm summer day. You simply take a brick of cold cream cheese and put it into a serving bowl...no need to break up the brick here. Then pour a nice slathering of salsa on top and serve it with butter crackers. My guests always love this and it is so easy and cheap to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: L_B
A meat spread I use is a rillette ,slowly cooked meat I've done rabbit and pork lately ,with garlic and herbs such as tarragon then pick the meat off the bone chop finely with a knife or food processor moisten with butter spread on toast or crackers,sounds a real long job but this stuff keeps sealed in butter in a jar in the fridge fo a good time

A tuna spread is what I like for my crackers. Tuna flakes in can with vegetable oil. Drain the oil and mix the tuna with mayo and a little bit of sweet pickles relish with a little dash of salt and pepper to taste. A healthy kind of spread either for a bread or cracker.

Tuna on crackers is one of my favorite snacks. I add spicy brown mustard to the mix to give it a little spice. I will be trying the bean dip real soon.

Ridiculously easy always catches my attention. I don't make or use a lot of spreads but there are some fine suggestions here. Perhaps I will give at least one of them a try. Whichever seems easy enough: I guess they all are. I am big on crackers or biscuits as we call them here so a nice spread is welcomed. I am usually happy with some peanut butter or cheese with my crackers but I am open to new thing especially if quick and easy.

I have even been known to eat crackers and spreads for lunch at work because I am always on the go and crackers are bite size and easy to eat. I like to make a tuna and onion spread and eat it on butter crackers, that is my time favorite.

The simple things in life are often the best and I think this rings true for foods as well! Sometimes I spend a big old chunk of time making dips and so forth, but I think the combination of cream cheese and salsa would be a hit among my family and friends -- and a whole lot less time consuming.

It is funny how we can spend hours and hours trying to come up with the perfect recipe, when some are so simple that we would never think of them ourselves. Somewhere along the line many of us have been conditioned to think that good food has to have many ingredients and once that we can't pronounce well!

I like to use luncheon meat as a spread for my crackers. It is so easy to make. Just open a tin of luncheon meat, add some mustard, a bit of cayenne pepper, some grated onion and a little table butter. These are all mixed into the luncheon meat with a fork, and there we have our spread. The same goes for corned beef which I would mix the same way. These can also make good sandwiches for lunch if you go out to work.

Reactions: L_B
I like to use luncheon meat as a spread for my crackers. It is so easy to make. Just open a tin of luncheon meat, add some mustard, a bit of cayenne pepper, some grated onion and a little table butter. These are all mixed into the luncheon meat with a fork, and there we have our spread. The same goes for corned beef which I would mix the same way. These can also make good sandwiches for lunch if you go out to work.

This sounds really good. I always have that luncheon meat on hand but usually just try it up and have it with eggs for breakfast. I wasn't really sure what else to do with it but this sounds like a great idea. It will definitely be on my list of things to try.

These all sound great. I also like pimiento cheese on crackers. I sometimes will make up a plate when we're watching movies, with slices or chunks of cheese with sliced apples, peanut butter, and grapes. I like to get my snacks all prepared ahead of time, so there won't be too many interruptions during movies.

Back
Top Bottom