Ring tones

The phone had been topped up with a fair amount of money in the meantime, so I replied to her text saying something to the effect "sorry, darling. I've found someone else", then after a few hours (having checked there was no reply) I rang the phone company and told them somehow lost the sim card. They put an immediate block on that sim and issued me a new one. I still use that number but I would have loved to have known the outcome of my reply :laugh:

Brilliant!

The thing I don't understand is why they would clone the SIM and then top it up. Why would they do that? Am I misunderstanding?

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant!

The thing I don't understand is why they would clone the SIM and then top it up. Why would they do that? Am I misunderstanding?
They had obviously used the little bit I had left on it, and then had to top it up over the many months to carry on using the number. The amount of money they topped it up by was more than enough for me to pay for the replacement sim and lasted me about another year - I now use that phone as a spare when I'm out in the car, particularly if I go to my daughter's. If my usual phone battery runs down I could get stuck out in the wilds or on a motorway with no way of contacting anyone. It has since been converted to a monthly account because of EE's generous loyalty discounts, but is still the "spare". I also have another old phone without a sim, which goes in the car as a torch, plus of course you don't need a sim to get on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
They had obviously used the little bit I had left on it, and then had to top it up over the many months to carry on using the number. The amount of money they topped it up by was more than enough for me to pay for the replacement sim and lasted me about another year - I now use that phone as a spare when I'm out in the car, particularly if I go to my daughter's. If my usual phone battery runs down I could get stuck out in the wilds or on a motorway with no way of contacting anyone. It has since been converted to a monthly account because of EE's generous loyalty discounts, but is still the "spare". I also have another old phone without a sim, which goes in the car as a torch, plus of course you don't need a sim to get on the internet.

Ah - I see.

Back
Top Bottom