Roast or Bake? How is one Thing classified from the other one?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
5:58 AM
You might hear some say; "I think I'll roast a chicken today". Still, another person might say; "I'm going to bake some chicken today".

How is one thing classified from the other one? Baked mac & cheese. Roast pork. Seems confusing, since either method has you using the oven to do then both!! :unsure:

I've never really thought about it before. Chicken, beef, pork and potatoes are roasted but in my experience only potatoes from that list are baked. It could be the use of fat or oil which defines roasting but that's not a definite. Then there is "braised" which is also usually oven cooked.

In other words, I don't know.

Not
You might hear some say; "I think I'll roast a chicken today". Still, another person might say; "I'm going to bake some chicken today".

How is one thing classified from the other one? Baked mac & cheese. Roast pork. Seems confusing, since either method has you using the oven to do then both!! :unsure:

Not necessarily. I can roast on any of my outdoor cookers. Whether I'm smoke roasting (BBQ), using just charcoal in the same cooker or using the rotisserie.

Back
Top Bottom