Roast parsnips

epicuric

Legendary Member
Local time
4:35 PM
Does anyone have a secret method to make crispy roast parsnips? Crispy roast potatoes I have no problem with, but my parsnips always end up either soggy or burnt to a crisp. I guess it is the high water content that stops them crisping up until they are completely dried out.

Does anyone have a secret method to make crispy roast parsnips? Crispy roast potatoes I have no problem with, but my parsnips always end up either soggy or burnt to a crisp. I guess it is the high water content that stops them crisping up until they are completely dried out.
The secret is to par-boil quite briefly, dry thoroughly with paper kitchen towel and then coat them in semolina. I sometimes do the same for roast potatoes.

I tried that - it's similar to what I do with roast potatoes, but I still couldn't get them crispy but not burnt. What oil/fat do you use?

I tried that - it's similar to what I do with roast potatoes, but I still couldn't get them crispy but not burnt. What oil/fat do you use?
I tend to use olive oil and heat the oil in the pan on the hob first. But its true that they tend to burn at the edges. Its partly their shape, I think.

Back
Top Bottom