Samosas

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:20 AM
just made and Frozen vege samosas (24) and mince samosas (24)
Tried 2 of each for my dinner. I give them 10/10. I'm pretty impressed as its Margaret futons recipe from a book published in 1984.
I had with tamarind chutney. I will serve with tamarind and next time make some rhaita.

Russ

The best samosas I ever had were in Doha in the '80s and were served by our Lebanese agent's wife. They were very small and I asked her how she managed to keep them all together. She explained that she made the filling (actually told the cook how to make the filling) and then took that round to the local baker who turned it into samosas.

I still have trouble with the "wrapping" so I now use samosa type filling in Phyllo pastry spring rolls (or my wife does).

cooked%202.jpg

just made and Frozen vege samosas (24) and mince samosas (24)
Tried 2 of each for my dinner. I give them 10/10. I'm pretty impressed as its Margaret futons recipe from a book published in 1984.
I had with tamarind chutney. I will serve with tamarind and next time make some rhaita.

Russ

Photos?

I didn't take pics but these were so good, my wife watched a video on u tube and folding the triangles was hard to start with but got better at the end. Pastry was 1 cup flour ,salt, butter, water.

Russ

Thanks for the link mg,mine looked exactly like those ones your link had. There was no cabbage in my ones but I may add next time. I know my family n friends will love these. Along with onion bhajees and tandoori chicken. I'm doing these this Sunday.

Russ

I made everything from scratch, cook 2 fillings and make pastry, all up to make 50 samosas about 2 hrs, once the folding of the filling was worked, via you tube, next time will be quicker.

Russ

The filling was peas, potatoes, hamburger and jalapeño peppers with a variety of spices a list I can provide if anyone is interested. They were my second attempt at them, the first night I made the dough thicker than I had wanted but on the second night I seemed to have got the thickness correct. New to all this and making dough seems to be my biggest challenge so far. Outside of pie dough I had not really ever made any but for dishes I want to do in the future it is something I want to learn to do properly. I am not sure how others did their but I did deep fry them.

Back
Top Bottom