Sandwich toaster recommendations?

ChowDownBob

Supersize Me!
Local time
2:35 PM
Can any of your recommend a fairly mid-budget sandwich toaster. Just a two sandwich one, not a four sandwich one as we don't have room on the sideboard for a larger model.

Thanks,
Bob

the original brand for me is Breville either a seal and cut one or the panini type,you might laugh we have a bart simpson toaster i bought for my lads 12 years ago and we still use it,a sandwich toasted is known as a bart simpson

I'd go for the Breville too - they last forever. There are plently of them on Amazon if you want to check out reviews and dimensons. Alternatively, I've heard that people have had a lot of success toasting sandwiches on ther George Foreman grills.

I would also recommend Breville like the other two posters. They really are that good and don't need much work in terms of cleaning! You can find the right sized one at the budget you want on Amazon as well!

All the best with that.

Thanks guys - I'll have a look at the Breville ones and see what'll suit our kitchen (some of those stainless steel ones attract fingerprint grease and smudges like flies!!!) :okay:

There are also small cast iron panini grills, that come with a weight to put on top to help smash the sandwich down. I was thinking about getting one of those, since it seems like it would be easier to clean (no worrying about water seeping inside an electrical unit and stuff shorting out), plus I could just put it away in my cupboards and not have another appliance taking up counter space.

Sometimes Big Lots carries refurbished Cuisinart electric grills, for way cheaper than what you would pay full price - usually around $35 vs. $100+ full price.

Right now, we have a small, two sandwich size maroon electric grill from Dollar General. It's their store brand of small kitchen appliances. It's okay, and I actually like it better than any of the comparable George Foreman ones we've had, since it's got a few nicer design quirks to it, but the logo on top wore off almost immediately, and it doesn't get super hot, so it can take a while for things to cook.

HB Breakfast Sammie Maker.jpg
Hamilton Beach Dual Sammie Maker.png

You can also get one of THESE if you don't mind breakfast sammies for lunch or supper.

They are relatively cheap and don't cost a fortune to own! They are also quick & easy to use.

I have the single one on the left! My 11-year-old grand nephew owns the dual one on the right. We LOVE them immensely!! :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback and advice - we ended up getting a Breville one - without the alloy cover on top. :okay:

Back
Top Bottom