Good morning, Worm your honor.
The crown will plainly show
The prisoner who now stands before you
Was caught red-handed showing feelings
Showing feelings of an almost human nature;
This will not do.
Call the schoolmaster!

Sorry, I love Pink Floyd.

But, your honor, there is no way that this thread should be called Sausages. It no where near encompasses the myriad of tubular meats, nay, tubular foods (yes, even the bad hunters and fishermen, erm, aka vegematarians, have sausages) with which we cook. I cannot quickly think of a culture without them.

So, Worm, your honor, can we change this thread to one describing types of chorizos?

THIS WILL NOT DO.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..

(Lol, sorry. Love that album)
No. Because I added other sausages. Now if you would be so kind to share your knowledge of all things sausage before you get comfortably numb. Because contrary to the song We do need education. Wish you were here.

I think, Pink, that this should get turned into a thread about chorizos. But you can always start another trip about tubular meats.

But it's up to them. The generals sat, and the lines on the map, move from side to side.

I think, Pink, that this should get turned into a thread about chorizos. But you can always start another trip about tubular meats.

But it's up to them. The generals sat, and the lines on the map, move from side to side.
Oh go play On the Dark Side of the Moon.

Thread is about all pork sausages but no Tube Steak Boogie or Pearl Necklaces.
Oops sorry changed bands there.

Far away, across the fields,
the tolling of the iron bell
brought the faithful to their knees
to hear the sausages cook so well....

It was @Cinisajoy that started this thread - I just moved some posts across as they were going off topic... feel free to start a Chorizo thread!

Me too.

I think we were going to try to start talking about the wonderfully diverse world of meat in casings.

Or out of casings, in some cases.

Geez, nevermind.

I cannot source Polish kielbasa so I have had to adapt:

Irish Potato Kielbasa

Ingredients

• 400 g potatoes, scrubbed
    • 4 Irish pork sausage
    • 1 onion, chopped
    • 2 fresh cayenne peppers, chopped
    • 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
    • 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
    • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
    • salt & freshly ground black pepper
    • 130 ml water
kielbasa1.jpg

Method

• Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the sausage until brown all over. Remove from the pan and cut into 25 mm pieces.
    • Cut the potatoes into 20mm cubes and add to the pan together with the onions and chilis. Add a little more oil if necessary. Stir fry until the potatoes are brown on all sides.
    • Return the cut sausages, together with the water, tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt and pepper to the pan and bring to the boil.
    • Cover tightly and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little more water if necessary.
    • Remove the cover and cook uncovered until any liquid reduces.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom