Recipe Semolina cake

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
2:08 PM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Semolina's cake.jpg

INGREDIENTS (for a 24-centimeters baking pan)

400 ml soy milk
400 ml water
250 g semolina
2 eggs
200 g brown sugar
100 g butter
60 g raisins
1 lemon zest
a handful of pine nuts
powdered sugar to sprinkling

METHOD
  • First of all pre-heat the oven to 180 ° C
  • Put the raisins soak in the water.
  • Beat the eggs and set aside.In a pot, boil the water and the milk with the sugar and the lemon zest.
  • When start to boiling, add the semolina mixing with a whip and bake until the semolina has taken consistency and absorbed the liquid.
  • Remove from heat and let cool.
  • Now add the squeezed raisins, butter and eggs and mix well to join all the ingredients just added.
  • Pour the mixture into a baking tin, level the mixture with a spoon and sprinkle the surface with a bit of sugar and a handful of pine nuts.
  • Bake at 180 ° C for about 50 minutes or 1 hours, but until the surface is golden.
  • Remove from the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serve up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great picture - your photography gets better al the time! You should really get a digital camera to avoid being restricted to rectangle shape. Lovely recipe...

Great picture - your photography gets better al the time! You should really get a digital camera to avoid being restricted to rectangle shape. Lovely recipe...

:) thank you! I try to make as many pictures as I do not get the most I like and make the mouth watering (I hope)...but in effect I want to try to avoid being restricted rectangle shape.

Back
Top Bottom