Recipe Shoots & Leaves Curry

epicuric

Legendary Member
Local time
1:07 AM
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F75bd8cde-6930-3d9c-a37d-96d8603b8e60.jpg

Ingredients:

1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, cut into wedges
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
300ml vegetable stock
2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
1 tsp soft brown sugar
200g tin bamboo shoots, drained
200g beansprouts
220g tin water chestnuts, drained and sliced
400g fresh egg noodles
2 tbsp coriander, chopped
200g young spinach leaves

To serve:
25g peanuts, chopped
Handful of basil leaves

Options:
Add choice of protein - Prawns, chicken, strips of steak, even tofu.

Method:
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the onion, pepper and garlic and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the stock, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil, stir, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the bamboo shoots, beansprouts, chestnuts and coriander, and cook uncovered for a further 15 minutes, adding the spinach towards the end of the cooking time. Serve with a scattering of chopped peanuts and basil leaves.

Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the onion, pepper and garlic and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the stock, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil, stir, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the bamboo shoots, beansprouts, chestnuts and coriander, and cook uncovered for a further 15 minutes, adding the noodles and the spinach towards the end of the cooking time. Serve with a scattering of chopped peanuts and basil leaves.

Recipe Courtesy of The Sunday Times

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F75bd8cde-6930-3d9c-a37d-96d8603b8e60.jpg

Ingredients:

1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, cut into wedges
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
300ml vegetable stock
2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
1 tsp soft brown sugar
200g tin bamboo shoots, drained
200g beansprouts
220g tin water chestnuts, drained and sliced
400g fresh egg noodles
2 tbsp coriander, chopped
200g young spinach leaves

To serve:
25g peanuts, chopped
Handful of basil leaves

Options:
Add choice of protein - Prawns, chicken, strips of steak, even tofu.

Method:
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the onion, pepper and garlic and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the stock, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil, stir, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the bamboo shoots, beansprouts, chestnuts and coriander, and cook uncovered for a further 15 minutes, adding the spinach towards the end of the cooking time. Serve with a scattering of chopped peanuts and basil leaves.

Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the onion, pepper and garlic and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the stock, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil, stir, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the bamboo shoots, beansprouts, chestnuts and coriander, and cook uncovered for a further 15 minutes, adding the noodles and the spinach towards the end of the cooking time. Serve with a scattering of chopped peanuts and basil leaves.

Recipe Courtesy of The Sunday Times

@epicuric

Lovely dish and I would definitely add prawns to it for my protein source ..

Good option for my new Wok and simple ..

Thank you for posting.

Sorry, I thought you meant in the pic of my dish - that pic is from the website that featured the recipe, so I've no idea. Food journos...

Back
Top Bottom