Should we stop consuming sugar and consume these instead?

The molasses Karen mentioned is unsulfhured. I have used it in some BBQ sauces. From personal experience, it makes horrible taffy. Rum is probably the most noted product derived from molasses.:cheers:

Should we stop eating sugar - NO ! Should we use all the other weird scientifically created alternatives [most of which are not long term tested - they haven't had time to be] NO ! Am I for one going to start putting molasses in my tea - NO ! Am I going to bow to the [usually flawed] opinions of 'scientists' who change their what is good for us - bad for us views on an almost weekly basis - NO ! Moderation in all things is my motto and it works out just fine - NEVER forget it was the 'scientists' [and so called medical profession] that gave us, and 'confirmed' it's safety - thalidomide - something I at least think they should never be allowed to forget. Even now we have so many different 'laws' it become ridiculous - Alcohol is ALL bad - no it isn't you can have some, this week anyway. Eggs are bad for expectant mothers - no they aren't - this week anyway. Sugar may not be good for us but there comes a point where it becomes more of a worry about what we are eating than should we eat anything at all. Your child will die in agony if you allow it so much as one sweety [nice bit of emotional blackmail that] - NO IT WON'T. Eat a fairly balanced diet and ENJOY it - I suspect we all might live a lot longer
Sorry for the rant :oops:

Back
Top Bottom