Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hospital breakfasts leave me longing for my boring porridge.
Cold rubbery wholemeal toast with raspberry jam (no spread), luke warm water and stewed prunes.
I've had no problem with the food in our local hospitals, but with the water. Because I don't drink tap water, and they didn't have filtered water, I asked for boiled water. They brought it in a jug with a different coloured lid. No problem in one hospital, but in the other hospital, the cleaner went absolutely mental and took it away. He said it was dangerous to give me hot water (it wasn't - it had cooled considerably by the time I got it), so the nurses had to waste their precious time getting me cups of water every time I wanted a drink. It was after I had my throat op, so I had to drink plenty of liquids.

Cheese and tomato on wholegrain toast.

cheese tomato toast s.jpg

A perfect Egg Mollet.

My wife peeled it (cos she's the expert) and the shell was removed without any problem. One week old duck eggs, refrigerated.

[As usual: brought to the boil from tepid; boiled for 60 seconds; left standing for 2½ minutes then doused in tepid water before peeling]

Last edited:
Two Weetabix and milk, yoghurt, and couple of boiled eggs with buttered toast this morning. The mutt had the same but only one Weetabix and one softly boiled egg in his. I had tea with mine; he had a drink of water :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom