Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eggs Benny with ham in a local cafe. I wish the "sour dough" had of been a more rustic crusty example. Not a fan of fluffy bread really.
I have only found one or two places that do proper sourdough and they sell out very quickly. I haven't really found any great bread around here yet. And as for the supermarket bread... Don't go there. :(

I have only found one or two places that do proper sourdough and they sell out very quickly. I haven't really found any great bread around here yet. And as for the supermarket bread... Don't go there. :(

There is an Italian style sliced pane at Aldi that is the only commercial white bread I eat.

When our local supermarket first opened, they used to make and bake their own bread, and it was lovely. Now they (and a lot of bakers shops) use pre-prepared dough and it is horrible. I wouldn't touch any pre-packed, sliced bread with a barge pole. no matter who makes it. So far, I have been using sourdough bread kits - it's not authentic sourdough (for obvious reasons) but it is a passable substitute. I am going to start making my own before long - I'm just a bit worried about making some big bloomers (excuse the pun :laugh:).

When our local supermarket first opened, they used to make and bake their own bread, and it was lovely. Now they (and a lot of bakers shops) use pre-prepared dough and it is horrible. I wouldn't touch any pre-packed, sliced bread with a barge pole. no matter who makes it. So far, I have been using sourdough bread kits - it's not authentic sourdough (for obvious reasons) but it is a passable substitute. I am going to start making my own before long - I'm just a bit worried about making some big bloomers (excuse the pun :laugh:).
Making sourdough is not hard at all. You need to be doing it soon to get an active culture going. Don't bother with kits. It's like honey in that respect. You want to be using your local fungi in the air for the culture. I've been doing it for 3 or 4 years now. I used to maintain a couple of cultures in my fridge but obviously had to stay again moving to Australia. Biosecurity were never going to allow it through customs! Mine is currently recording in the fridge given it is warmer in there overnight than the house! Proofing cold in the fridge overnight is a great way of getting a fabulous sourdough taste to the sourdough...

Couple cups of coffee (w/drop of 1/2 & 1/2), low fat Greek yogurt with drizzle of honey and real cinnamon, 1 cup of Special K w/1/2 cup low fat milk, toasted 'thin' wheat bagel with pretend butter.

My MD back in the 80's preferred low fat milk in his coffee. I know for a fact that if his secretary couldn't buy it some days she would just dilute it half half with water. I am not sure to this day whether he knows (he celebrated his 80th birthday last year).

Meanwhile, that would be two breakfasts for me. Then again, I use plain whole fat Greek yoghurt, and butter on my bread products. After years of "low fat" this and "low calorie" that, I've found that a smaller portion of the real thing satisfies me sooner and lasts longer than the "diet" stuff.

or three breakfasts here... (with a third coffee)...

breakfast 1 - 1 coffee, Greek yogurt with drizzle of honey and real cinnamon
breakfast 2 - 1 coffee, 1 cup of Special K w/1/2 cup milk
breakfast 3 - 1 coffee, toasted 'thin' wheat bagel with pretend butter (+ jam or honey).

A cup of tea when I first get up, and then a couple of cups of coffee with grass-fed whole milk, followed by pancakes stuffed with home made yoghurt (from whole milk) and fruit, plus toast or a large chunk of bread (home-made) with real butter.....

Sometimes I have organic muesli with whole milk and home made yoghurt, or a couple of boiled eggs, instead of the pancakes.

The mutt often has the same but in smaller quantities and without the tea or coffee, but this morning he had sardines :yuck:

This morning was baked beans (from a can) spinach, pan fried tomato & an egg with a slice of grainy toast.

It's really cold so the cups of tea are constant.

guess what...

IMG_9759.JPG

This morning was baked beans (from a can) spinach, pan fried tomato & an egg with a slice of grainy toast.

It's really cold so the cups of tea are constant.
yep - another minus 6C this morning at that was warming up on our sheltered veranda! I believe we dropped to around -8C during the night (around 5am)..

IMG_9754.JPG

I'm convinced it would actually be warmer if it snowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom