Show us your..... Christmas Cake

@The Late Night Gourmet

I have never had a "Good Fruitcake". Suitable for a door stop.

Ha… You're right. This is what I think of when I think of fruitcake: panettone is what my dad's family made; this is a pretty good version that comes in a box. Still, very interested in a what @LadyBelle has to say. I'm always up for a challenge in the kitchen.

61QDLNconsL.jpg

Ha… You're right. This is what I think of when I think of fruitcake: panettone is what my dad's family made; this is a pretty good version that comes in a box. Still, very interested in a what @LadyBelle has to say. I'm always up for a challenge in the kitchen.

61QDLNconsL.jpg

I was given a similar one a couple of years ago by the women I used to work with. It was huge! And, I have to confess, I didn't share it with anyone.....

61QDLNconsL.jpg

I was given a similar one a couple of years ago by the women I used to work with. It was huge! And, I have to confess, I didn't share it with anyone.....

They are lovely :hungry:

My niece was at college to be a baker, last Christmas she made her first Christmas cake, it was perfect, dark, rich, moist, the fruit spread evenly throughout, beautiful. Unfortunately her icing was a disaster, rock hard and inedible, however it was her first attempt but the cake itself was sublime.

Found a photo of last year's fruit cake. Curiously I hate sponge with sultanas in.. We both much prefer a decent solid fruit cake. But ours often contains much less sugar and will include sour cherries as well to add a tartness to the cake that is delightful.

IMG_7302.jpg
IMG_7314.jpg

Back
Top Bottom