Show us your cupboards and drawers!

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
5:06 AM
There is nothing more interesting than peaking into other people's cupboards and drawers. I'm not sure why its so fascinating but it is! So here are a few of photos of mine. I didn't tidy them up first. Will you dare to post yours?

Food drawer: The white things are sausage skins.

20170804_170641.jpg

Food cupboard:

20170804_170805.jpg

Last edited:
I think we have much in common! Your cupboards contain many familiar things to me. I feel quite at home! I noticed you also use clothes pegs to seal packets - so do I. :)
The photos are quite deceiving. Both drawers and the cupboards are absolutely stuffed full (except for the gap on the middle shelf in the big cupboard.:giggle:) I reuse all sorts of jars and boxes, and the big packet of rice that was there had been opened and the rice is now in the huge Horlicks jar behind the plastic container - which is full of semolina! The empty coffee jar in the top of the middle is what I keep my [used] oil in for the mini deep fat fryer - it's exactly the right size! I use pegs now rather than those plastic clips which never seem to fit properly. There are even pegged bags in the freezer!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to confess that in dreading the state of my pantry and shelving when I get home. Everything had a place, it's own home. Note the use of the past tense. I've not been home for 4 weeks or more and my husband has been left to his own devices in my shelving. Even before I was in hospital I had issues with him not putting things back where they belonged. I am not looking forward to several hours identifying, re-homing and putting things back into their jars etc once I get home again.

@SatNavSaysStraightOn, I swear my hubby hides things on me when he "helps" by putting MY kitchenware away. One of these days I'll head down to his wood shop and start doing a bit of my own "organizing"...

I'm game for a laugh, but only because I tidied up a few days ago :laugh:

Drawers:
You alphabetize your spices! I think I love you! You know, in a sisterly way...

I'll take photos tomorrow and post. Things are reasonably organized at the moment.

I do not have cupboards in the kitchen .. We have recently renovated to a neo traditional ultra vanguard minimalist kitchen ..

We have a room called a Pantry where we store spices, onions, garlic, and tinned tomatoes, un-opened Dijon, and all un-opened ítems plus bottles of wáter, tuna fish and Evoo etcetra ..

Here is the Wine Storage .. The " Contents are sleeping " ( Los caldos están dormiendo ) ..

francescawines20170814_133408.jpg

IMG_0837.JPG

I have (I think) 11 types of flour in there somewhere, not counting the cornmeal, as well as my pasta roller (upper left). Not sure how that instant oatmeal got in there...I can't remember the last time anyone wanted any. And, yes, I do buy AP flour at a discount when I can find it.

Lower right-hand corner is a serving container for tortillas. I have seriously only ever used it for storing tortillas as I make them...for maybe 15 minutes, at which point I take them out and refrigerate them. I like to play up the ethnicity of dishes when I can: as impractical as it is, I love using a clay tagine when I make beef tagine.

And, here, I like to pretend that I'm in a Mexican restaurant. "These tortillas are delicious...my compliments to the chef!"

It could happen.

Thanks to this thread, I'm forced to look at all the flour I have, and realize that I haven't made tortillas in a while. Cheers for that, @morning glory.

Last edited:
I have (I think) 11 types of flour in there somewhere,
I think you beat me on the flour - let me go and look.

Well actually I seem to have:
Strong white
Plain White
Self Raising
Wholemeal
Rye
Spelt
Gram
Chestnut
Quinoa
Oak Smoked Malted
Granary
00 flour

They are mostly on the bottom shelf of the 'pull out' larder. So that is 12.

20170815_110944.jpg

Back
Top Bottom