Show us your cupboards and drawers!

I have to confess that in dreading the state of my pantry and shelving when I get home. Everything had a place, it's own home. Note the use of the past tense. I've not been home for 4 weeks or more and my husband has been left to his own devices in my shelving. Even before I was in hospital I had issues with him not putting things back where they belonged. I am not looking forward to several hours identifying, re-homing and putting things back into their jars etc once I get home again.

No men allowed in my kitchen ever again! Not since an ex-boyfriend volunteered to do the washing up after Christmas dinner one year, and threw away the lovely bacon stock I'd had simmering on the stove for a couple of hours. Not only that; the ultimate insult was when he said he didn't know, he thought it was washing up water! Grrrrr! He became "ex-" not long after, and I've never forgiven him. I still seethe at the thought of it.

No men allowed in my kitchen ever again! Not since an ex-boyfriend volunteered to do the washing up after Christmas dinner one year, and threw away the lovely bacon stock I'd had simmering on the stove for a couple of hours. Not only that; the ultimate insult was when he said he didn't know, he thought it was washing up water! Grrrrr! He became "ex-" not long after, and I've never forgiven him. I still seethe at the thought of it.

Not all men are that bad! My partner is a Virgo (no, I don't believe in star signs either :D). He is obsessively tidy and complains about my kitchen habits.

Oops, I forgot a cupboard. Can't take a photo because it's under the stairs in the dark, but it does contain single bottles of:

Merlot
Cockburn's Fine Ruby Port
Jack Daniel's
Meyer's Weizenkorn
Amaretto
Ouzo
Vodka
Gilbey's London Dry Gin
Harvey's Bristol Cream
Bermudez Ron Anejo Selecto
Wray & Nephew Rum Cream
VSOA and "Something Else" - maybe @Yorky can give us a clue!

WP_20170816_23_36_58_Pro.jpg

Oops, I forgot a cupboard. Can't take a photo because it's under the stairs in the dark, but it does contain single bottles of:

Merlot
Cockburn's Fine Ruby Port
Jack Daniel's
Meyer's Weizenkorn
Amaretto
Ouzo
Vodka
Gilbey's London Dry Gin
Harvey's Bristol Cream
Bermudez Ron Anejo Selecto
Wray & Nephew Rum Cream
VSOA and "Something Else" - maybe @Yorky can give us a clue!

:hyper:

Not I but my wife may be able to. Later.

Sorry, I forgot until now.

It's Mekong whisky although as it's made from molasses it's nearer to rum. The first whisky produced in Thailand apparently.

[The most up-to-date labels actually say Mekong now)

Last edited:
I'd love to taste that! :drink:

Perhaps you may also like to try Laow Khow. Rice whiskey that probably kills more villagers than anything else. You can buy it in most village shops - a small plastic bag of it for Bht 10.00 (20 pence).

thumb_600.jpg

Last edited:
Many years ago we used to have an unending supply of poteen. It was all tested (by the local constabulary) before we got our hands on it, so we knew it was relatively safe! Unfortunately the "warehouse" was closed several years ago and the staff either retired or were transferred elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom