Show us your pet

Carla is just a bit 'porky' now [we spoil her] for true hunting [not that we ever do] - although she does find squirrels fascinating - she can't work out how these strange 'rabbits' mange to climb trees :giggle:
In one of the parks I take Tippy to, the visitor centre is a chalet type building and the roof slopes almost to the ground. The squirrels go to run up there, closely followed by.....:laugh:

Best pals

carla holly.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My Girls

Sallie2.jpg

Sallie1.jpg

Sallie Sue

I first saw her Oct. 1, 2011. Feral Momma cat had a litter in my Sister's flower bed. Her eyes were barely open so I estimate her birth date Sept. 21st. There were 2 females and 3 yellow males. I told my sister I would take the 2 females when they were old enough. Late the following Saturday Sister called - frantic.

Momma cat had moved her other kittens and had abandoned Sallie Sue and a male. Sister had gone to Pet Co for kitten milk and bottles. Would I take them both? I showed up the next morning to pick up the babies. The male had not survived the night. He would not take the bottle. I brought Sallie Sue home and began the arduous task of bottle feeding her.

She was very mal nourished - 3 1/3 oz. Her weight should have been closer to 9 oz. For the first week I fed her every 2 hours 24/7. In addition to feeding baby cats have to be burped. after feeding their bottoms have to be wiped with a warm, damp terry cloth to stimulate urination and defecation. A mother cat does that by licking their bottoms. For another 4 week I fed her every 4 hours.

Obviously she did not suffer unduly from her early deprivation.

Daisy5.jpg

Daisy Faye a.k.a. Crazy Daisy

A friend knew I wanted a calico. He called and said he had a 6 week old that he needed to get rid of. We drove to his farm to see the baby. I did not want a long hair. One look at that face and I was done. I knew she was not 6 weeks old. The Vet confirmed that she was only 4 weeks old. She was partially weaned so I gave her a bottle 3 or 4 times a day and a transition mush the rest of the time for 2 weeks. I estimate her birth date March 3rd. 2012.

She is a hot mess. A high energy cat. She requires lots of play to burn off the excess energy.

Both are indoor cats. Daisy will bolt if I do not watch her. Especially now. She loves the cool, crisp weather.

We love our girls.

My Girls

View attachment 11050

View attachment 11051

Sallie Sue

I first saw her Oct. 1, 2011. Feral Momma cat had a litter in my Sister's flower bed. Her eyes were barely open so I estimate her birth date Sept. 21st. There were 2 females and 3 yellow males. I told my sister I would take the 2 females when they were old enough. Late the following Saturday Sister called - frantic.

Momma cat had moved her other kittens and had abandoned Sallie Sue and a male. Sister had gone to Pet Co for kitten milk and bottles. Would I take them both? I showed up the next morning to pick up the babies. The male had not survived the night. He would not take the bottle. I brought Sallie Sue home and began the arduous task of bottle feeding her.

She was very mal nourished - 3 1/3 oz. Her weight should have been closer to 9 oz. For the first week I fed her every 2 hours 24/7. In addition to feeding baby cats have to be burped. after feeding their bottoms have to be wiped with a warm, damp terry cloth to stimulate urination and defecation. A mother cat does that by licking their bottoms. For another 4 week I fed her every 4 hours.

Obviously she did not suffer unduly from her early deprivation.

View attachment 11052

Daisy Faye a.k.a. Crazy Daisy

A friend knew I wanted a calico. He called and said he had a 6 week old that he needed to get rid of. We drove to his farm to see the baby. I did not want a long hair. One look at that face and I was done. I knew she was not 6 weeks old. The Vet confirmed that she was only 4 weeks old. She was partially weaned so I gave her a bottle 3 or 4 times a day and a transition mush the rest of the time for 2 weeks. I estimate her birth date March 3rd. 2012.

She is a hot mess. A high energy cat. She requires lots of play to burn off the excess energy.

Both are indoor cats. Daisy will bolt if I do not watch her. Especially now. She loves the cool, crisp weather.

We love our girls.
My Polly (the tabby in the photos on here) was abandoned too. She was very tiny and we decided she must have been born some time in mid-October, so I chose 20th October as her birthday. She will be 20 tomorrow!

Fantastic age for a cat.:okay:
She's beginning to show her age though. Her hearing and sight are not what they used to be, and she eats very little now compared with what she used to. She spends most of her time curled up asleep, either on the sofa or on me. She can, however, still chase a certain greyhound if she wants to :D.

Back
Top Bottom