Show us your pet

20181229_073511.jpg
20181229_160932.jpg

Dennis went into hospital today. She has a hernia which maybe was caused by an attack by another cat. The vet will operate tomorrow.

dennis wt s.jpg

[Edit: The results of the blood test today were satisfactory]

Last edited:
The Dennis went under the knife just now. The vet is not concerned - it's a simple procedure he said.

She's out of the theatre and looking good "for now". I'm not sure how to interpret "for now". We can go see her tomorrow morning.

She's out of the theatre and looking good "for now". I'm not sure how to interpret "for now". We can go see her tomorrow morning.

We went to see her today. She looks really sorry for herself in her bandages and anti-scratch collar. Her eyes seem to be saying “Why did you bring me here?”. My wife took a picture but I don't want to see it.

The vet wants to keep her in for another few days because she has an abscess on her back. He said we could take her home and take her back each day but that would mean moving her around a lot which we didn’t think was a good idea after the operation (and neither did the vet).

We went to see her today. She looks really sorry for herself in her bandages and anti-scratch collar. Her eyes seem to be saying “Why did you bring me here?”. My wife took a picture but I don't want to see it.

The vet wants to keep her in for another few days because she has an abscess on her back. He said we could take her home and take her back each day but that would mean moving her around a lot which we didn’t think was a good idea after the operation (and neither did the vet).

Ah bless you, hope she will be ok, it is always horrible to put a pet through surgery, you know it is the right thing to do but it is still difficult.

Feel for you Yorky, when I get home I'll take a pic of my cat, that's not my cat,lol. He just shows up,every night for a feed. I like the name Dennis, I assume she's a menace.

Russ

We went to see her today. She's more animated now. If anyone remembers E.T. when it wanted to "go home" - her eyes were like that.

The Dennis cat was discharged this morning so she's home now. However, she still has to stay in the cage for a few days as the vet doesn't want her to move around too much.

dennis cage s.jpg

Last edited:
She's been outside this evening (under supervision) and she's now resting on "her" chair (but mine for F1) in the bedroom. She'll need to be back in the cage overnight. She has an appointment for another check-up tomorrow morning.

Did you know all tortoise shell cats are female? Tried to take a pic of my cat last night. He ran and hid under the BBQ. Nuts.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom