Show us your pet

IMG_20190112_131924.jpg

We got a delivery from Amazon today. The box wasn't in the house 3minutes before our Mindy was up.on the table pawing at it and patting it trying to get it open. Daddy finally opened it for her, took out his new jeans and she hopped right in, almost not waiting for him to actually get it open and get his jeans out. I noticed a bit later that a good bit of the box was hanging off the edge of the table so I moved it to a safer position. We went out for lunch and grocery shopping later, came home, unloaded and then, while we were putting food away, Craig mentioned it was in a precarious position again. Next thing we knew, thump, box on the floor and Mindy hopping out, looking around like nobody saw anything, right? I swear new boxes must have a smell and she is obsessed with it.

We got a delivery from Amazon today. The box wasn't in the house 3minutes before our Mindy was up.on the table pawing at it and patting it trying to get it open. Daddy finally opened it for her, took out his new jeans and she hopped right in, almost not waiting for him to actually get it open and get his jeans out. I noticed a bit later that a good bit of the box was hanging off the edge of the table so I moved it to a safer position. We went out for lunch and grocery shopping later, came home, unloaded and then, while we were putting food away, Craig mentioned it was in a precarious position again. Next thing we knew, thump, box on the floor and Mindy hopping out, looking around like nobody saw anything, right? I swear new boxes must have a smell and she is obsessed with it.

Our cat likes new boxes, much more interesting than cat toys :rolleyes:

Did you know all tortoise shell cats are female? Tried to take a pic of my cat last night. He ran and hid under the BBQ. Nuts.

Russ

I was once told that all ginger cats are male, when I worked at my old place 1 of my colleagues got a ginger kitten, she was named Wallace. My knowledge of cats is limited so I don't know if that is true.

I love thos 'minis' they are quite similar to Shetland ponies here in the UK. How does the blind one cope in the field?

equine and most other hooved animals can smell electricity. I walk the fence line with Mae(blind) a few times a month. she has memory and another horse to help her. I have electric fencing everywhere for Ms Mae. Mae and the black and white mini, Kody, help each other endlessly. Mae follows Kody just about everywhere. They have their own rhythm of doing things... It was really difficult to separate the two at first. It was a torture for the blind horse. I hated scaring her like that. I did it really slow and easy so Mae would learn to trust me and my daughter. This summer she'll be ready to drive. Pull a cart with a person in it. Yes, blind. There is no reason she cant have fun. Mae loves having the harness put on her. I think she has a huge sense of pride.

Annie the other mare mini is 41 yrs old. In human years shes about 265 yrs old. Shes also a rescue I will not part with her. Her personality is so much fun. I cannot imagine her settling in with other humans at her age.

Dennis is almost better now after being an outpatient for 2 weeks. She isn't wearing the collar now and is out and about in the garden without supervision.

Back
Top Bottom