Show us your pet

Not really a pet, but part of our breeding collection last decade. She represents the most desirable traits of her species, full dorsal stripe and lots of diamonds.

36788-albums310-picture7977.jpg

Not really a pet, more of a yard guest. Of course we had to provide a feeding station.
View attachment 15649
I used to have 5 iguanas. One was only a baby, three were a couple of feet long, but the oldest one was enormous. He'd never stay still long enough to measure him. They lived in a large vivarium under the stairs but used to come out during the day time and run around the house. The smallest one used to like running up the curtains and peeping out from behind the curtain rail.

My elderly tabby is now nearly 22. Her eyesight is failing but her hearing has improved since she got fed up with her medications and decided to take drastic action herself (she had a growth which almost covered one of her ears). I still catch her on the odd occasion using my laptop, but these days she is more interested in my phone and the TV.
She has sent more than one text message. This one must be in tabby speak - she doesn't use the same language as my two black cats. The messages went to a genuine mobile phone number, which was not in my contacts list or phone history.

46513773_10213500361606252_2368950660205903872_n.jpg

I am often woken up by the TV being on, and there are some strange programmes saved on my Sky box, presumably for her to watch later.

55783764_10214302106009361_1883431425168900096_n.jpg

The mutt, on the other hand, just prefers to sleep (and, yes, he does sleep with his eyes open - really spooky when you walk past and they are following you!)

WP_20180717_07_43_00_Pro.jpg

I used to have 5 iguanas. One was only a baby, three were a couple of feet long, but the oldest one was enormous. He'd never stay still long enough to measure him. They lived in a large vivarium under the stairs but used to come out during the day time and run around the house. The smallest one used to like running up the curtains and peeping out from behind the curtain rail.

@CraigC kept snakes so you have something in common!

You can hardly go anywhere here and not spot iguanas roaming freely. Where we use to live we had two of them as yard guests, now we have curly tailed lizards which demand their meal worms. We have to go to a local reptile store to get the worms for them and frozen rats for the emerald.

Back
Top Bottom