Show us your pet

This is such an amazing place! Just opened this thread and its amazing. so many animals. i just love it. Taking the chance to introduce you all to my cat Buck. me and my friend adopted this beauty a few years ago when he was 5. Now he's a real senior cat and extreme cuddle expert.

Then we have Guus, He used to be me and my brothers pet rat. Total cutie and in no way dirty or dangerous.

Last but not least. My parents senior lab named Ayla and my sister in law's dachshund puppy. Friends at first nap..

I used to keep rats, lovely aren't they? Funny, intelligent, warm snuggly creatures :love:

I used to keep rats, lovely aren't they? Funny, intelligent, warm snuggly creatures :love:
I used to breed rats for the pet trade, and unfortunately they did not all end up as pets. I had upwards of 400 at any one time. There were some beautifully coloured ones - cream, lilac, silver, blue, and black being quite common. Funnily enough, a chap from Leicestershire bought them all off me in the end - he made an offer I could not refuse. I still kept my favourites though. They were great fun. One used to greet me at the door every night when I came home from work and used to eat in the kitchen with four dogs, four cats and a couple of ferrets - all were the best of friends. A couple of weeks after he died (and he lived to a grand old age for a rat), his mate gave birth to one - with the same kinky tail and wonky teeth. Another used to come to work with me, and used to love going shopping! I'd love to get a couple more, but my two black cats are great ratters and mousers, so I will have to wait.

I used to breed rats for the pet trade, and unfortunately they did not all end up as pets. I had upwards of 400 at any one time. There were some beautifully coloured ones - cream, lilac, silver, blue, and black being quite common. Funnily enough, a chap from Leicestershire bought them all off me in the end - he made an offer I could not refuse. I still kept my favourites though. They were great fun. One used to greet me at the door every night when I came home from work and used to eat in the kitchen with four dogs, four cats and a couple of ferrets - all were the best of friends. A couple of weeks after he died (and he lived to a grand old age for a rat), his mate gave birth to one - with the same kinky tail and wonky teeth. Another used to come to work with me, and used to love going shopping! I'd love to get a couple more, but my two black cats are great ratters and mousers, so I will have to wait.
Before we got together, my hubby had snakes.

A friend of mine had a young python which ate mice but only if they were still alive. He used to pay kids in the village Bht 20.00 each for them.

python.jpg

Before we got together, my hubby had snakes.
We had several too including pythons; and tropical fish - apart from all the usual suspects, I had a pacu, a rather large gourami, and a snakehead. They had their own huge tanks, although we did have a few plekos in them too. I also kept siamese fighting fish, one of which won several prizes, and we did have a koi pond in the garden. I had also 5 iguanas, and various owls and birds of prey.

This is such an amazing place! Just opened this thread and its amazing. so many animals. i just love it. Taking the chance to introduce you all to my cat Buck. me and my friend adopted this beauty a few years ago when he was 5. Now he's a real senior cat and extreme cuddle expert.

Then we have Guus, He used to be me and my brothers pet rat. Total cutie and in no way dirty or dangerous.

Last but not least. My parents senior lab named Ayla and my sister in law's dachshund puppy. Friends at first nap..

So tender this photo :love:

A friend of mine had a young python which ate mice but only if they were still alive. He used to pay kids in the village Bht 20.00 each for them.

View attachment 9243

One of the guys I used to work with asked me to breed my rats for him to buy for his snakes, I like snakes but could not bring myself to breed them for that purpose.

One of the guys I used to work with asked me to breed my rats for him to buy for his snakes, I like snakes but could not bring myself to breed them for that purpose.
You have to try not to think about it, Lullabelle. Some of mine used to end up as food for our own snakes and BofP - usually the white or the brown ones.

One rat tail with a happy ending: My ex-husband used to kill them in batches and put them in the [animal food] freezer overnight. The next morning I used to bag them up. One morning I went to the freezer and found that one of them was not where we had put them the night before. As I was taking them out of the freezer, this one moved again. He was still alive. Needless to say, he was removed from the freezer, gently warmed up under my T-shirt, and put in a spare cage. He lived for another four years!

You have to try not to think about it, Lullabelle. Some of mine used to end up as food for our own snakes and BofP - usually the white or the brown ones.

One rat tail with a happy ending: My ex-husband used to kill them in batches and put them in the [animal food] freezer overnight. The next morning I used to bag them up. One morning I went to the freezer and found that one of them was not where we had put them the night before. As I was taking them out of the freezer, this one moved again. He was still alive. Needless to say, he was removed from the freezer, gently warmed up under my T-shirt, and put in a spare cage. He lived for another four years!

Bit of a softie to be honest, if a bug, bee or butterfly get stuck in the office then I help them outside. Even rescued a tiny little frog that got washed in when it flooded :love:

A hummingbird got stuck in my garage the other day. He kept bouncing off one of the closed windows on the side, even with 3 garage doors fully opened. I ended up acidentally trapping him between the two panes of a double hung window when I lowered it to let him out. I finally was able to gently cup him in my hands, then walk him or her outside to freedom.

Back
Top Bottom