Show us your pet

I'm a member of the "Capture and Release Club", too! I'll even take spiders outside. Well, most of the spiders. The one walking around on my bed when I was changing the linens had to die.

Loving all the photos of peoples' pets. Missing our kitty, but I'm not giving in to getting another until we move. If we move. We moved our first kitty from Ohio to Massachusetts - boy, that was fun. Not. After she was murdered by our neighbor's dog, we got another rescue. She's been gone a couple of years. Just biding our time on another one, meanwhile we play with our grandkitty when we visit our daughter.

I turned my back for a few seconds this morning, and this happened:

WP_20170726_05_48_26_Pro.jpg

Floury paw prints and bum prints everywhere

We are all merely beings of service or entertainment to our cats.

I left for a trip to take care of my mom today, so I kissed the cats goodbye.

He licked the spot of my kiss clean.

So I kissed him again. And he licked it clean.

I kissed him again on his paw. He licked his paw clean.

And on, and on.

I hope he misses me, but I'm not go,nna hold my breath.

I turned my back for a few seconds this morning, and this happened:

View attachment 9384

Floury paw prints and bum prints everywhere

We have been very lucky with ours as she never jumps onto kitchen work surfaces. We don't give her any of our food so she doesn't associate cooking smells with tasty treats so she only goes into the kitchen for a drink of water or her own food.

We have been very lucky with ours as she never jumps onto kitchen work surfaces. We don't give her any of our food so she doesn't associate cooking smells with tasty treats so she only goes into the kitchen for a drink of water or her own food.
I feel quite strongly about this. A lot of people thinks its quite OK for their cats to walk over and sit on work surfaces. My sister is one. She has a rescue cat which dribbles (which was why it was abandoned) and lets it actually drool on the work surface. :sick: When you think of where those paws have been - scratching around in litter trays or in the earth.... I'm not a hygiene freak by any stretch of the imagination - but I wouldn't walk over my work surface wearing shoes which I had been walking about in and I wouldn't let my dog walk all over the work surface either.

I have kept cats many times over the years and never had a problem training them not go on work surfaces.

I feel quite strongly about this. A lot of people thinks its quite OK for their cats to walk over and sit on work surfaces. My sister is one. She has a rescue cat which dribbles (which was why it was abandoned) and lets it actually drool on the work surface. :sick: When you think of where those paws have been - scratching around in litter trays or in the earth.... I'm not a hygiene freak by any stretch of the imagination - but I wouldn't walk over my work surface wearing shoes which I had been walking about in and I wouldn't let my dog walk all over the work surface either.

I have kept cats many times over the years and never had a problem training them not go on work surfaces.

She is not allowed in our bedroom as we both want a mud and fur free room.

She is very elderly now so she has a little unused-by-me bit of work top (at the end by my plants) where she can eat her dinner in peace without the others pinching it. She doesn't normally go anywhere near the rest of the worktops as far as I know although I have caught her on the odd occasion. However, first thing in the morning and every time before I prepare and cook anything, I do give the food-prep worktop a good washing down.

My mother in law used to let their cats sleep on the bed, many a time either my husband or myself have woken up choking on cat hair so ours have never been allowed in the bedroom.

My mother in law used to let their cats sleep on the bed, many a time either my husband or myself have woken up choking on cat hair so ours have never been allowed in the bedroom.
The last time we stayed at my mother's one of her cats snuck in while we were taking the dog out to pee. We woke up the next morning with the dog next to one of us and the cat next to the other.

Animals on prep or eating surfaces - a big no no. In bed, not a problem as long as they behave and don't interrupt sleep. Our Jack Russell dog likes to mark his territory, in a pungent liquidy kind of way, on my pillow. So he is banished downstairs. Our JR bitch goes to bed with my wife every night for a while before I go up. She hears me stirring from my sofa, and dutifully comes downstairs, ready to be put outside in readiness for bed. Very occasionally, on a really cold night they both get to stay in bed. I love my dogs!

Back
Top Bottom