Show us your pet

Dennis on the stoep yesterday (looking very serious).

Dennis August 1 s.jpg

We have been very lucky with ours as she never jumps onto kitchen work surfaces. We don't give her any of our food so she doesn't associate cooking smells with tasty treats so she only goes into the kitchen for a drink of water or her own food.

Our Black cat occasionally has milk which my wife warms slightly in the microwave for him. Now if he hears the "ding" he'll be in the kitchen looking in anticipation at the microwave (although he doesn't jump up to the work surface).

Our Black cat occasionally has milk which my wife warms slightly in the microwave for him. Now if he hears the "ding" he'll be in the kitchen looking in anticipation at the microwave (although he doesn't jump up to the work surface).
My elderly tabby likes her milk cold, straight from the fridge. And, contrary to popular belief, she spends most of her time asleep right in front of the TV - I'm sure she does it so I can't see the subtitles.

My elderly tabby likes her milk cold, straight from the fridge. And, contrary to popular belief, she spends most of her time asleep right in front of the TV - I'm sure she does it so I can't see the subtitles.

jerry.gif

I wish one of our cats could do that. I'm currently watching "Rebus" series 3 in which the subtitles are in Swedish. I don't know any Swedish whatsoever (except ABBA) but I cannot stop trying to read them!

I wish one of our cats could do that. I'm currently watching "Rebus" series 3 in which the subtitles are in Swedish. I don't know any Swedish whatsoever (except ABBA) but I cannot stop trying to read them!
Some programmes have surtitles instead which are much better, but the news I am watching at the moment has the subtitles right across the middle of the screen - very annoying. The weather forecast has surtitles though. I treated myself to a trip to the opera a while back now (to see Stravinsky's The Rite of Spring) and the English National Opera had surtitles across the top of the stage. Brilliant.

Had she been lying on a copier machine, @Elawin, I'd say she's trying to duplicate herself. As if you needed more of her in your house!

We don't have any pets currently. However, that doesn't stop me from enjoying other's furry family members. Hubby's cousin has a very large Maine coon cat - 38 pounds of cat! Hubby said that "Gus" looks like a sumo wrestler, while his cousin said Gus is the only cat he knows who has shoulders. I was calling him "Gus the Bus" the entire time we were there. Gus didn't seem to mind.

20170820_185705.jpg

Had she been lying on a copier machine, @Elawin, I'd say she's trying to duplicate herself. As if you needed more of her in your house!

We don't have any pets currently. However, that doesn't stop me from enjoying other's furry family members. Hubby's cousin has a very large Maine coon cat - 38 pounds of cat! Hubby said that "Gus" looks like a sumo wrestler, while his cousin said Gus is the only cat he knows who has shoulders. I was calling him "Gus the Bus" the entire time we were there. Gus didn't seem to mind
I'd love another cat like her, but I don't think a 70 lb greyhound would appreciate a tiny kitten in the house. Polly weighs about 9 lb BTW.

Back
Top Bottom