Show us your pet

Did he used to compete there?
Yes, in his "baby" races. He was never any good, which was why he retired when he was still a pup (less than 2 years old).
That photo of him looking at the track doesn't tell the whole story. He was going loopy, trying to get over the barriers, under the barriers or through the barriers! It's the traps that freak him out.

Yes, in his "baby" races. He was never any good, which was why he retired when he was still a pup (less than 2 years old).
That photo of him looking at the track doesn't tell the whole story. He was going loopy, trying to get over the barriers, under the barriers or through the barriers! It's the traps that freak him out.
Aw!

The black cat who is apparently currently convalescing after a spell in hospital.

black 2 s.jpg

It's not often that you see our two this close together unless they are fighting.....

View attachment 10579
THAT cat and the elderly one have been in cahoots lately, guarding the mutt's favourite sleeping place. He is not amused. Even though he weighs about five times their combined weight and could easily oust them from that place, he sleeps across the other side of the room unless the referee (i.e. me) is between them.

Carla our Lurcher in the field pretending she's looking for rabbits and trying to blend in with an old cushion.View attachment 10780 View attachment 10781

I want your dog. I love your dog. Oh, wait a minute... I already have a pesky Manchester Terrier. Why didn't I get a lovely scruffy lurcher? I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Must admit the rough coated type does seem to be a little less common. We found her at the RSPCA when we lost our german sheperd :cry:. She loves our [her] cat - the two of them engage in mutual head washing sessions and I'm afraid she is very much 'daddy's girl' :rolleyes:.

Carla our Lurcher in the field pretending she's looking for rabbits and trying to blend in with an old cushion.View attachment 10780 View attachment 10781

She's beautiful. I'd love another lurcher, but unfortunately the mutt seems to hold a dislike of them for some strange reason.

Must admit the rough coated type does seem to be a little less common. We found her at the RSPCA when we lost our german sheperd :cry:. She loves our [her] cat - the two of them engage in mutual head washing sessions and I'm afraid she is very much 'daddy's girl' :rolleyes:.

My lurcher I had 50 years ago was smooth-coated, which seemed to be unusual in those days. I belong to various houndie groups on Facebook, as well as coming across several people who own lurchers, and rough- and smooth-coated lurchers seem to be 50/50.

The lurcher population of our area has increased since hare-coursing was banned and the Lincolnshire police seem to be actively removing humans, dogs and cars up where my daughter lives. I have been invited to take Tippy on more than one occasion. I won't put here what my reply was, but it will be easy to imagine with or without the expletives.

Carla is just a bit 'porky' now [we spoil her] for true hunting [not that we ever do] - although she does find squirrels fascinating - she can't work out how these strange 'rabbits' mange to climb trees :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom