Simple cooking cheats

Ok, hands up all those who use quail's eggs

Thought so :whistling:

:wink:

Well we did once play a little jokette when on one of our 'lads' Herm fishing weeks.

We always have a big brekkie in the mornings, on this occasion my friend and I cooked a pre breakfast.

We cooked little cocktail sausages, quails eggs, some little pieces of bread and small pieces of pancetta.

I don't know if this counts as a tip but I used to keep all of my shop bought packeted herbs in the fridge.

Now I put them in a jar of water, they keep considerably longer that way.

Tut tut :D - its a great gourmet ingredient! Waitrose supermarket always have them on the shelves so someone must be cooking them. They taste richer and creamier than hen's eggs. Lovely for canapés or starters.

I really must look for these in the supermarket. I do like doing things different. :)

Russ

Of course not. :laugh: But they are great in starters or hors d'oeuvres.

Walked past some in the little shop come gourmet market today and almost bought some, I'm pretty sure I've got a salad recipe or two using quails eggs.

Edit, just checked. Quail's eggs with asparagus and parmesan shavings and Quail's eggs with new potatoes and spinach.

Last edited:
This would be like eating a éclair, Boston Cream Donut or a cream puff! :wink:

But much bigger Remember Poke Cake? I saw a recipe for Boston Cream Poke cake. Pour vanilla pudding over yellow cake poked with the handle of a wooden spoon. Cool and top w chocolate frosting.

Back
Top Bottom