Site access issues

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
12:40 PM
@morning glory , were there any issues with this forum yesterday? I could only get in once and that was to post in the photos thread, I googled this forum but I had no luck at all, maybe it was an issue at our end.... :scratchhead:

I have just accessed the forum for the first time today. I was receiving all sorts of error messages prior to that.

I still can't log in on my tablet using Chrome. Craig got on with the desktop that uses Firefox so I tried that with my tablet and was able to log in.

I have just accessed the forum for the first time today. I was receiving all sorts of error messages prior to that.

I had access for maybe 5 minutes then lost it.

I now have it back. Firefox 64.0 on PC Windows 10.

I couldn't view the forum for about 24 hours on both my tablet and phone. I think the message was "runtime error."

@morning glory , were there any issues with this forum yesterday? I could only get in once and that was to post in the photos thread, I googled this forum but I had no luck at all, maybe it was an issue at our end.... :scratchhead:

I had the same issue. I contacted @SatNavSaysStraightOn and she has now fixed it. I haven't tried using Chrome but will do. I use Safari which is fine now,

It seems to be working fine using Chrome for me. I think the issue seems to have been fixed. Just as well as I had withdrawal symptoms. :ohmy:

Apologies for the inconvenience, folks.

Sorry for the problems folks. There were some DNS issues which is where the system translates human names (CookingBites.com) into computer numbers (IP addresses, aka numbers) and back again. The issues should resolve themselves as the databases that each service provider (ISP) update with the "new" information. Some databases update faster than others and then your local copy will also need to be updated which explains why some of you can access here on some devices but not on others. It takes more time than we'd like but the copies of the databases that are kept locally and by your ISP are there to speed up your access because it is quicker to access a local copy than one somewhere in the ether.

If an individual device continues to have problems you will need to clear the cache and force it to get a new copy of the information. This is done differently on different devices but usually involves clearing cookies and temporary Internet files and data that keeps you logged in to sites such as this. If you are unable to access CookingBites please contact me via a PM telling me what device you are on, what platform (android , IOS or Windows version) and what Web browser you are using (MS Edge, Firefox, Safari, Opera etc) and I'll let you know what you need to do to get back up and running. However usually forcing multiple refreshes or clearing the cache are your options.

SNSSO

Back
Top Bottom