Sitting in silence

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
12:06 PM
I work in an office, purchase ledger and receptionist which means my day can be very busy and noisy so in the evenings I like to sit in silence either in the bedroom after my shower or on the sofa whilst my husband is showering. It really helps to clear my head and to re focus,

Does anyone else do this? If not then how do you de-stress or unwind at the end of the day.

I have teenagers, so quiet isn’t an option when I get home. Instead, I wait them out, until everyone has gone to bed. And then, do you know what I do? I don’t relax: I cook. :laugh: It is a good stress-reliever, however.

I like silence too. This house is full of people for a lot of the day and I crave being alone. So - like @The Late Night Gourmet I stay up when they are all in bed. I don't cook then though as because I'm not working I can cook during the day. I like being alone and I like silence too sometimes.

I have all sorts going on here during the day with work and cooking , but, about 8.30 or 9ish I pour myself a big drink and head upstairs to catch up on recorded tv. I just love the 3 or 4 hrs just sitting on the floor, ( yeah I've got a nice lounge suite, but prefer the floor) and just relaxing!

Russ

My silence runs from 7am when hubby goes to work and ends around 6:30pm when he gets home. In between I get to talk to my chickens, but on days when I'm in the city (few and far between thankfully) it is brilliant to come home to the quiet of our home and one all the chores are done, to sit down and do nothing. It rarely happens though, so I seek quiet out at the start of the day 7-8am is my quiet period and at the end of the day 8:30-9:30pm...

Hearing difficulties aside, I live in permanent silence unless I have visitors. What really relaxes me is taking the dog to the park for a couple of hours or on one of the organised greyhound walks in our area, which last an hour to an hour and a half usually. The problem then is that we are both out for the count for at least a day afterwards. I too catch up on TV quite late at night, usually when I've got my laptop on as well. I'm doing that now, waiting for my pizza dough to rise. I don't like cooking during the day time for some reason, and usually end up eating late at night, but I did bake some bread this morning - sourdough, so it had been on the go since early yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom