Slow cooker chilli con carne

MrMajeika

Local time
4:20 AM
I want to make chilli con carne but instead of using beef mince I was thinking to use beef chunks to give it a nicer texture. I have seen recipes that use beef brisket and then it all pulls apart after cooking. I have bought beef shin which I have used in the past for casseroles and it gets really tender. I'm going to do it in the slow cooker. Do you think it will work?

Absolutely! Shin of beef is one of the best cuts for slow cooking and I love making chilli with chunks of beef rather than mince. I'd brown it off first (for extra flavour) then stick it in your slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. Sounds delish :hungry:

I want to make chilli con carne but instead of using beef mince I was thinking to use beef chunks to give it a nicer texture. I have seen recipes that use beef brisket and then it all pulls apart after cooking. I have bought beef shin which I have used in the past for casseroles and it gets really tender. I'm going to do it in the slow cooker. Do you think it will work?

I believe that it'll work nicely in the slow cooker!! :wink:

Check for tenderness after 1 and a half hours. If the meat is still tough cook for another half hour. My estimate would be 2 hrs.

Back
Top Bottom