• 6 Garlic cloves, thinkly sliced
  • 1 tsp Paprika powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 10 Spring onions
paprikapotatoes-s.jpg

Method.

Cut the potatoes into 20mm cubes.

Place the cubed potatoes, butter, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper in the bowl of the slow cooker and mix thoroughly.

Chop up the white bulbs of the spring onions and mix into the bowl.

Set the timer for 4 hours and start the slow cooking process.

Chop up the green stems of the spring onions for garnish.

paprikapotatoes-1s.jpg

I don't think that I've posted this previously. If I have, please ignore it. :banghead:

They look delicious... no, you haven't posted them before.

A mate of mine was around just after the roasting was completed so I let him try a couple. He obtained the recipe from me and then scurried off to the local Makro to get himself a similar slow cooker.

I have a slow cooker but have never once thought of roasting anything in it! I somehow thought you had to use liquid in them. Mine comes out from under the stairs as and when its need. It happens to be out at the moment as I used it yesterday - I think I will try this. Its not a 'special' sort of slow-cooker that you have, is it?

I see. Its called a multi-cooker but I can't see a 'roasting' function listed. So er...do you think my standard slow-cooker would work?

Mine doesn't have a "roasting button" - just put it on "congee" and try it for 60 minutes. That's what I did the first time. In fact that's what I always do.

[Edit: I don't know why they are called "slow roasted" really]

Last edited:
Mine have been in the slow cooker on 'high' for 4 and a half hours and are not crisp! They smell amazing though!

Checking in. They were almost done after an hour. I figure that was the slow cooker I chose. They didn't get real crispy because I turned them way down.
They were delicious even without the onion.

Back
Top Bottom